Comfort

When Amie, Hermione and Harry finally made it back to Hogwarts, Amie immediately went up to her dormitory, hoping to get some peace and quiet. But at Hogwarts, that doesn't exist. She'd only been in the room for a couple of minutes when not only Hermione, but also Lavender, Parvati, Fay and Sophie entered the room. Amie groaned and covered her head with her duvet.
"Amie?" said a surprised voice Amie recognized as Parvati's.
"Yes, Parvati?" Amie said in a would-be-happy voice.
"Are you okay?"
Amie took the duvet from her face and sat up.
"I'm annoyed," Amie said honestly.
"At what? Or who?" piped in Lavender, her eyes glinting.
"You. All of you. Don't take this the wrong way -" Amie added as she saw the looks on her roomates' faces. "- but I thought I'd get to be alone. I'm not in the mood for company."
"What happened?" asked Fay softly, coming over and sitting down on Amie's bed.
"I don't want to talk about it," Amie said, looking down. "Just lost a friend, 's all,"
"You poor thing," said Sophie, joining Fay and Amie on the bed.

Out of all the girls in Amie's dormitory, Fay and Sophie were the most compassionate. Hermione was all right, but she could be quite harsh sometimes. Fay and Sophie were emotional and sympathetic, always up for a hug. Why Amie wasn't friends with them, she didn't know. They just mostly kept to themselves, just like Lavender and Parvati did. Sophie wrapped Amie up in a hug, and it was so motherly that it brought tears back to Amie's eyes. 
"Thank you, Sophie," Amie whispered in her ear. Sophie straightened up with a smile.
"No problem. Feeling better?"
"A bit," Amie said, wiping a tear from her eye.
"Come on, girls," said Fay, standing up. "Let's go downstairs,"
Fortunately, Lavender, Parvati and Sophie listened. Now Amie and Hermione were alone. Hermione was frowning as she walked over and sat down where Fay sat before.

"What exactly happened between you and Malfoy?" she asked quietly.
"I told him we couldn't be friends anymore," Amie sniffed.
"Why?"
"Because it hurts too much. He is who he is, and he doesn't even try to stop himself from insulting you or anyone else. It's bothering me," Amie explained.
"How did he take it?" asked Hermione, and that's when it burst for Amie. She threw herself in Hermione's arms and she sobbed, shaking.
"You don't know what it's like! Draco is one of the toughest people I know, I've only seen him cry once! When I broke up with him! I can't stand seeing him upset, and still I keep making his face get that pained grimace, and I can't stand it! I called him Malfoy, Hermione!"
Hermione held Amie close as she cried and ventilated. She had a look of shock on her face, never having seen Amie quite like this before.
"Shh... Shh...." Hermione comforted, rubbing Amie's back and rocking her back and forth like a child. "It's okay, Amie. It'll be okay,"
Amie gasped from lack of air, having gone into a kind of panic attack. Hermione hugged her closer still, and a few minutes later, Amie calmed down. She let go of Hermione and sat up.

"Are you okay?" Hermione asked, worry etched on her face.
"I'm fine," Amie said, wiping away her tears. "I'll be fine. It just hurts, you know?"
"Would be strange if it didn't hurt." Hermione said logically. "You've been friends for about three years, right?"
Amie nodded, a small smile on her face at the thought of Draco figureskating on the frozen lake.
"Maybe it's better this way," Amie said finally. "His dad wouldn't be happy if he found out his son was friends with a Mudblood, who's Harry's friend."
"Hey," Hermione reprimanded. "Don't talk like that. You're not a Mudblood."
"I am, though," Amie said. "Doesn't matter that my grandma's mother was a witch, that's too far back. I can't be considered a half-blood, therefore I'm a Mudblood."
"Then what does that make me, huh?" Hermione said angrily.
"Hermione, I'm sorry. I don't mean it like that, you know I don't. I'm proud of where I come from, people can call me Mudblood all they want, I'm proud of it!"
"I'd still prefer if you said Muggle-born, that's all," Hermione said, the anger leaving her.
"Me too," Amie confessed. "It's just constantly tossed in our faces, isn't it?"
"Yeah," Hermione agreed.
"Come on," Amie said, standing up. "Harry's probably wondering where we are."