Chapter 10

Chapter 10

“Training? What training?” she asked as Ben came back in the room from having changed his clothes, now instead of his pant dress suit,he was sporting blue jeans and a light green polo t-shirt, with an non matching grey flannel shirt. Oddly enough he looked like a ruggedly handsome, bad boy cowboy, in fact it was quite dashing and suited him very well. His brown hair was in flyaway mode but the messiness was working very well.

“They want to train you so you can handle yourself a little better”

“Better how, exactly?

“Well let’s just say that your little adventure may have some not so nice things coming up, so we need you to be able to fight, especially if I'm not able to help you at that moment, you know what I mean?” he said with a wink.

She gulped several times trying to push back the little bit of bile that threatened to expose her fears of fighting. She remembered that she didn't like fighting but made exceptions every now and then. All those years of her brother beating on her were about to pay off. She fought the fear and anxiety of everything that was happening, and what had happened. Well nothing really had happened, in fact all that had happened was she left home. Nothing else that she was awake for.

What is the purpose of fighting? I don’t want to fight, this sucks.

Not wanting to argue with him she went along, following him outside. They walked threw court yards engulfed with flowers and blossoming trees, which now that she thought about it seemed odd. Its December in fact, and nothing blooms at Christmas time, except for fir trees and poinsettia. How strange she though as they continued past the little tree moulded houses. The gardens of this place were exquisite beyond belief and seemed to make you feel at ease as you passed through them, and more to it, they made you feel specific things. The one they just went through made her feel light and free, with no worries, even though she was most definitely worried, she just couldn’t feel it. As they walked into another garden along the path new emotions crawled inside her and spread out like a buzz from alcohol, it was desire.

Ben turned around and looked at Bailey in a way that was most inappropriate, which meant that she was not the only one who felt the changes in the gardens.

“Do you feel funny” she asked trying despairingly to ignore the feeling inside her. But Ben had paused inside the garden only 5 feet from the outside, assuming the feelings should go away at the edge of the hedge that surrounds each garden.

“No, why? Do you?” he asked a bit eager, all his jerkiness had seemed to be pushed aside when he looked at her like that. Looking back at him as he stared, she noticed that his eyes changed color. Originally when she first met him his eyes were a chocolate brown like his hair, but in a spilt second of changing light his eyes went green, almost a turquoise, it was beautiful.

Bailey let out a breath she hadn’t realized she had been holding and tried desperately to force out the feelings and the fact that she desperately wanted to run her fingers through his silky looking hair.

“We should go” she said pushing her will to make use of her mouth as she cupped her hands together to stop the ache of wanting to tough him.

“Ya” he said in a huff of sadness “Lets go” then turned around and started walking again. Once they passed the hedge, the feelings like she assumed, passed, leaving her back in the state of which when they left the house; fear and awkwardness and some more fear.

They continued to walk not speaking, and she noticed that Ben avoided several gardens in the process. A slight curiosity en-crouched on her to go find out what feelings lie in the beautifully maintained gardens. Gardens that for some reason made her feel of possibilities and untold, unexpected senses, that lingered open for the taking, only a few feet away. But her brain got the better of her and told herself not to enter, its not safe to have feelings you cant control.