Orange

The young brunet sulked where nobody would see her. She was in the science building, everybody hated science. At the end of the day you'll find the students will all flood from the scene as if someones been murdered.

Well everyone except Ruka Nogi. Once he was her friend. Once he was her boyfriend. Now he's just her past.

She hated him more than this school hated science, and trust me that's saying a lot.

Salty tears ran down her face 'So Why Are You Crying?' A voice echoed through her mind, it made the pain in her stomach swell.

"I don't know." She whispered softly, she knew it wasn't real love but it felt so iconic how even though she knew it was coming it still came on, full effect...

She hated it.

She hated him.

Gulping she tried to make herself as small as possible, focusing really hard on trying to disappear.

Footsteps

Of course this didn't work, much to Mikans dismay, and she cursed herself for not having a supernatural family that specialized in invisibility.

Damn.

She could see slightly through a small gap between her tightly closed knees. It was a male figure with a black hoodie (The hood was up) and school trousers.

He stood a few feet away from her. Just standing there for a few minuets before kneeling down in front of her, and patting her head once.

The boy slowly pulled his hood down. And she slowly looked up.

'Red' her mind called 'Who has red eyes?'

They were a dark shade of crimson and collided with his jet black hair.

She could stare at them all day, they were like windows, she could see right through him.

"I like your eyes." She finally blurted - rather stupidly - heat raised up her neck "They're red."

A boyish grin spread across his face, yet kind of looked like a smirk, a playful one. He nodded, agreeing that his eyes were indeed red.

"I like your eyes." The crimson windows had a twinkle in them "They're orange."

She nodded back - having absolutely no idea what it meant. A hand appeared in front of her face, following the arm (That the hand was attached to) she noticed it belonged to the boy.

'Who else is here?' Mikan blushed more at that thought.

"Natsume Hyuuga, pleasure to meet you..." he trailed off as if waiting for her to say something.

"Oh, Mikan." she blushed harder, shaking his hand "Mikan Sakura."

"Well Mikan." His grin was back and it made her nearly forget why she was here in the first place.

Nearly.

"Well Natsume." She laughed slightly. Natsume stood up offering her his hand again (For a different reason).

"Come on, whatever your crying about will have to wait for later." An eyebrow raised at him.

"And why is that?" She was surprised he never asked why she was crying. Did he already know? Or was he trying to make her stop thinking about it?

"Because I'm new here and I'm guessing you probably aren't because you knew where no one else would come and see you here." She coughed.

"Well you're here aren't you." He nodded but something about it made it seem like he was challenging her to say he was wrong.

She sighed, giving in "So what, I'm going to take you on a tour or what-not?!"

He smirked and nodded again.

"Great. Just what I needed today." Mikan announced sarcastically.

The raven head bowed mockingly "Your very welcome."

Sticking her tong out she retorted "I was being sarcastic."

"And I was not." He replied in a very British voice.

Her eye twitched 'Arrogant bastard.'

~~~

They were walking in the park. Mikan being talking non-stop trying to annoy him - but it was impossible and that was starting to annoy her - "And there's a butterfly, but it's not always in the same spot, like it can be over there." She pointed in a random direction "Or there." She pointed in another direction "Or there." She pointed upwards, talking in a baby voice.

Natsume nodded as if taking it all in.

A melody - quite faint - was heard. Mikan tried her best not to let here mouth water. 'Fluff Puffs'.

Without noticing it Mikan had stopped talking and was staring in a particular direction. Natsume, of course, noticed her blabbering had stopped and glanced in the direction she was looking in.

Smirking, Natsume signed for Mikan to wait there. He disappeared and Mikan sat under a sakura tree waiting for her friends return.

A small pink box dropped onto her lap. The brunet blinked in confusion, before looking upwards and finding a smirking Natsume.

"You were drooling." He lied. Mikan cursed.

After having one pink fluffy cloud made her stop. As she was about to thank him, he said something that made her blink.

"That'll be 10 rabbits." Her eye twitched and she stood up carefully.

"Bastard." She grumbled under her breath, chasing the laughing boy.

~~~

Mikan sighed, sitting at a lonely table in the middle of a hall full of happy couples. It was now Saturday, aka: The day of the dance.

To say the least, it sucked. Here she was sitting at this table - alone - watching her ex-boyfriend dance with the girl she sat next to in biology. They were getting on well. Guess not anymore.

Then a sudden thought seemed to call to her 'I wonder where Natsume is.' yesterday she had showed him all around town.

That was Friday. Her heart sank slightly as she thought he was probably having a great time on the dim lighted dance floor.

Probably had a girlfriend.

A hand reached out towards Mikan. It was a guy in a black tux with a red mask.

'May as well, got nothing better to do' So the brunette took the hand.

They made their way onto the dance floor, dancing slowly together. People made way and some whispered to each other, "Look at that chemistry. That's what I want." a girl who was dancing with her best friend said.

As the song faded into the background the boy whispered into her ear "I like your dress." she could swear she's heard that voice before.

"It's orange."

---------------------------------

A/N: Okay so I made this for the fan-fiction competition. I think it's quite bad but Hey I'm a lazy person, enjoy. Or else.

So,

Happy Reading!