Prologue

A/N Hello everyone, I will be working on both this story and THE PERFECT STRANGER :)

Hope you enjoy this story which has been circling in my mind for a while now :)

Also the cover was made by @soundthealarm she's awesome! Check out her work! :)

***

Prologue

"Scusi?" Matteo turned around and faced his nonno, his face coming alive with pure rage, "What the hell were you thinking nonno?"

"I was thinking that I needed to provide for this family-and I did."

Matteo brushed his hands through his hair and paced his grandfather's study, after twenty-nine years on this earth Matteo never thought he would be surprised by much.

But the bomb that his grandfather had just dropped on him had sure come as a surprise, "And now? Is there no way out of this mess?"

Already his grandfather was shaking his head in the negative, "I signed a contract-

"To hell with the contract nonno, this is my life we are talking about," Matteo stopped pacing for a moment to glance at his grandfather once more, the man who had all but raised him after his father had passed away and his mother couldn't deal with a five year old kid who didn't understand that his father would not be coming back.

For as long as Matteo could remember his nonno had been the only person whom he had relied on, that was until Daniella had walked into his life-the woman who just an hour ago he had proposed to.

He had thought that his grandfather would be happy to find out that his only grandchild was about to settle down-instead just the opposite, his grandfather had all but shouted at the impossibility of his marriage.

"I understand you are upset Matteo but-

"Upset? Nonno you all but made a decision for me that was not yours to make," he looked at his grandfather, the older gentleman had just turned seventy-nine, but barely looked his age, he was tall, very much like Matteo himself, and stubborn as a mule, but that was where all the similarity ended.

"Matteo what's done is done-I'm sorry but you will have to tell Daniella that this marriage cannot be-

"The hell I will, I will just speak to this family-the Rogers-I'm sure we can come to an agreement of sorts."

"If you can convince David Rogers that annulling the contract is for the best then so be it. But if not-you will marry Liliana Rogers on your thirtieth birthday."