Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Matteo stood frozen for a moment before he realised just what had happened. The woman whom he had thought was the hotel chambermaid was no other than the person he had been looking for.

When he had entered the bedroom, he had gazed admiringly at the decent amount of exposed thigh— as she had reached to fix the drapes of the four-poster bed—the creamy soft look to her skin, had made him size up her body in male appreciation.

And he had to admit, although for a woman she was on the taller side, and Matteo preferred petite women, Liliana had sure caught his attention. With her hour-glass figure, a bit on the fuller side, and her full lips when she had turned to face him—not what he had been expecting at all—nor had he expected or welcomed his body's reaction when she had turned that full mega watt smile on him.

Not to mention the way her blue almost green eyes flashed fire when she had all but put him in his place.

He chuckled now just thinking about it. Laying the suitcase he had carried with him on the bed he proceeded into the bathroom.

Smiling as he went along. He had been surprised by the encounter with Liliana and for some unknown reason, he was looking forward to the next time he faced her.

Liliana took a deep calming breath as she settled her frayed nerves—it had felt so good to put him in his place, she had looked forward to the day when she would give Matteo de Marco a piece of her mind.

And now that she had she wasn't sure it had been such a good idea—her mother was always telling her that her temper would get her in trouble one day for speaking her mind.

But the man irked her!

While she had been stressing out about meeting him, he hadn't even bothered to find out anything about her.

A knock on the door of her small office had her looking up in annoyance—she was in no mood to receive anyone at the moment, "Come in," she called.

Andrea, the receptionist of the Royal Garden Court and her long time friend came in, her eyes flashing with interest as she noted her friend's frowning face, "Seen him yet?"

Sighing Liliana gave a bitter laugh, "I suppose you can say that."

"Meaning?" Andrea sat down opposite her, waiting for a reply.

"Meaning that I should really learn to keep my mouth shut—let's just say that I let my temper get the better of me," she shrugged.

What was done was done, there was no point in thinking about it. Besides it wasn't like she had been rude—she had just toyed with him—much like how she felt he had been doing with her.

Another knock on the door had both women looking up in surprise, "Come in."

"I thought we should talk," Andrea murmured her excuses and left, Liliana almost asked her to stay as she gazed into the dark gaze of Matteo de Marco, but instead she squared her shoulders and smiled slightly.

"And what would you like to talk about Mr de Marco?" gesturing him to the seat which Andrea had just vacated, "What can I offer you? Tea? Coffee?"

Waving her offer of anything to drink aside with a sign of impatience he sat down opposite her, "I think we have more pressing matters to discuss," his gaze was cold as he took her in and Liliana felt a shiver of dread go through her.

"Very well Mr. de Marco—

"Matteo...I think we have reached the point where we can dissolve with the pleasantries. Don't you?" Liliana grinded her teeth and forced herself to smile, "As you wish...Matteo."