Chapter 1 : Welcome to Gravity Falls

Welcome to my brand new Story! The Mystery Kids, I hope you guys like it, and I hope it's worth the long wait, I've been refining my art work & Writing skill for a while now, and I'm actually competing in a young writers competition! ^_^ Anyways I hope you like Chapter 1!

(Also, this first chapter is set AFTER the events of Paranorman, but BEFORE alot of the newer episodes of Gravity Falls, and Phantom Planet, the last two or so episodes of Danny Phantom)

======================================================================

Like every summer break from the school. The Babcock's were going on their usual Summer Vacation, to a mountain town to get peace and quiet from Blithe Hollow, which ever since the incident the town had been anything BUT quiet. Despite the town pretending nothing happened and everyone seemingly waving it off as a dream, there were still one or two people who came to the youngest Babcock, Norman, for a special sort of help

Not to fix the gutter, or wash their car. Or even babysit.  But to help with their own little...Ghost Problem.

Everybody in the town knew. Norman Babcock was anything but normal, even before their little crisis with Agatha, the witch as they all tended to call her, they all knew Norman was different, and for that, they were afraid of him, but instead of trying to understand, they acted on their fear and outcasted him, the kids teased him and the adults scolded him. 

It had all changed now, the kids still teased him, but it was usually about something other than ghosts. The adults scolded him, but now it was only about him making a fool of himself. They were still scared of him.

But then again, Norman subconsciously knew they had a right to fear him, he could see ghosts! He talked to them literally all the time, and found a hobby out of helping ghosts find peace and go spend the remainder of eternity in happiness. Was he even human?

Agatha defiantly thought he wasn't. However, Agatha, or Aggie as she nagged Norman to call her, had a different perspective on how Norman saw things, only due to them sharing the same power, but while Norman got teased constantly and occasionally beaten up, Aggie got murdered. There was no possible way someone could explain that to Norman to justify their actions. The zombies already tried, and it ended up with Norman screaming at them that they were wrong.

Despite that all happening nearly over a year ago now, his 'fight' with Aggie still remained clear on his mind, as did the zombies attacking him and Alvin, how Neil and him became friends throughout the whole thing and how the entire town finally listened to him... Like how Neil and him remained friends, Aggie did too, but unlike Neil, who hadn't gone with Norman to this mountain town, Aggie had. She was lonely, and Norman was going to be lonely, so they compromised.

The Babcock's, after all, weren't going to stay in some hotel, no, rather they were going to stay with some family members. Who were very, very high up in the social rankings of the town. The Northwest's, as they were known as, young Pacifica was only a year older than Norman, but dismissed Norman like you would a maid, to swoon over what Courtney (Norman's older sister) had done, who she had dumped and what new ways of styling her hair Courtney had came up with.

Norman sighed heavily, narrowing his icy blue eyes to flicker them over to his blonde haired sister, who was sat, listening to overly loud music on her iPod as she texted her best friend Mitch, who even though she found out he was gay, she still had a massive crush on. 

That was right...The only good part Norman could look forward too about this holiday, was the fact that another family of his relatives, were also going to be staying at the Northwest manor with them, on their own holiday. They weren't going to talk much, but Norman was defiantly looking forward to challenging one of his cousins to a zombie movie marathon and then bragging about how he got to see real zombies!