Chapter 3

"Sorry I am late. I didn't mean to, I just had trouble finding the class," the boy apologized.

"That's fine. It's the first day, so I will excuse you for now. Constant tardies, however will not be tolerated"

"Yes mam," the boy's voice wavered.

"Why don't you take a seat on the empty chair over there?" Mrs. Jacobs said, referring to the spot right behind me.

The boy obediently took a seat, then the rest of the class went pretty uneventful. Mrs. Jacobs went over her classroom procedure (no cellphones, no gum, no talking unless you were instructed to do so, ect.). Then, she assigned us a set of complicated math problems. At exactly 7:54 the bell had rung, meaning I had safely survived my 1st class.

As I gathered up my stuff and headed towards the door, I felt a hand land on my shoulder. I turned around to face the snapback guy.

He had his arm leaned towards the wall, and his other had was wrapped around the strap of his backpack . Up close, his dark circles were more noticeable, and his dry lips were pressed in a thin line.

"Hey, you're the girl I bumped into earlier right?" He asked pointing at me.

"Umm. Yeah I guess"

"Well I am sorry for having such salty attitude earlier. I just don't want to come off as an asshole or anything"

"Oh. I mean it's okay. It's like 7 am and it's the first day of school, everyone has a salty attitude," I said, letting out a small giggle.

The boy laughed along, snorting a bit. Was I really that funny?

"That's true. But you don't look familiar at all, Are you new?"

"Yeah, I moved from Crescent city"

"That's pretty far from here right?"

"Yep. It's all the way up North"

"Dats cool. But I have to get to my next class, I guess I will see your around," He said, walking past me.

Before the bell rang, I made it in time for my second class: A.P. world. As I gazed around the classroom, one familiar face stood out to me. Finally, someone I knew.

"Hey," I said, walking up to him.

"Oh heeeyy. What's up?" Tyler asked.

"Nothing much. I survived the first hour so that's good"

"Did u familiarize with anyone?"

"Nope. You're still the only junior I know," I said. That was kind of a lie considering I kinda did know the snapback guy.

"Aww. Well I am very flattered," he said, placing his hands his heart. "Why don't you have a seat?"

"Sure," I said sitting on the chair next to his.

He was about to say something, but he stopped when he heard his name being called.

"Yoo Tyler what's up?" I turned around to see 2 boys ( a blonde and a brunette) heading towards Tyler.

"Yoo Micheal, Liam. What's up man?" Tyler said, hugging both of the boys.

"Duude, did you hear? Dylan O'Brien had a major panic attack yesterday." the blonde one said

"Yeah I heard he blacked out afterwards," the brunette one pitched in.

"Well obviously I heard. I was with him when it happened"

"What happened?"

"We were out to buy shoes and out of no where he started hyperventilating. So I took him to the bathroom, and he calmed down after 5 minutes. And no, he didn't blackout afterwards," Tyler said