Chapter 3

"I don't care about Kacie being your girl,its the fact that they can send me away if they even find out about that one kiss. And honestly this is the best place I've been so far ,don't ruin it for me " I said storming out.

"You okay " Ty called out as she saw me storm pass her room.

I ignored her and continued to walk to the backyard.I climbed a tree and stayed there. Thinking about everything.

After everything I been through I don't think I am meant to be happy. This place was okay until Malaisha kissed me. And I can't deny ,I loved it. I finally felt what it feels like to be cared for. But I just can't do it. Im pretty sure this is the most I'm getting out of life. I waited for my happiness every since I turned 8.

"Dia get down "I heard Malaisha yell.

I looked down and back at the sky ignoring her.

"Dia please "she called out again.

"Leave me alone alone Malaisha "I snapped.

She looked at me one last time and walked away.

After about an hour I got down. I saw the girls in the library so I decided to chill with them .

"Hey you guys "I said picking up how to kill a mockingbird.

"Wassup" Ty said.

"Heyy "Kacie said getting up and giving me a hug.

"Hey Dia "Tori said.

"About time you came down from that tree "Jewel said .

"I was just thinking , I needed space for a little while" I said .

Malaisha didn't say anything she just stared down at her book.

"What happened ?" Tori whispered.

"She kept trying to talk to me after I stormed out and I told her to leave me alone "I whispered back.

Tori looked at me wide eyed as she laid her head on Kacie back shoulder.

Malaisha looked up from the book but looked back down seeing that we both were looking at each other.

"Can you help me with something Kacie " I said standing up.

"Sure" she replied getting up and following me to the back.

"I think I hurt Malaisha feelings " I said.

"You think, she ranted for like 45 minutes about her feelings "

I sighed and leaned against the wall.

"Everything will be fine if no one finds out " Kacie implied.

"I don't want to take any chances "I said shaking my head.

"Life is all about taking chances " Kacie whisper yelled.

"That saying isn't for me ,I don't have a normal life kay ,I've seen things not even an adult should witness," I snapped.

"Look Dia ,all I know is she cares for you " Kacie said walking away.

I slid my back against the wall and sat down . I put my head in my hands and started to cry.

Im sorry mommy. I know you told me I shouldn't cry because im showing my weakness. This time im crying about something I never cried about before. Its about this girl , she has my mind every where. You always said if I wanted something go for it ,but this time I might get hurt in the pro-

"Stop crying " I heard Malaisha voice fill my ears.

I looked up but she wasn't there. Oh great now im hearing shit.

"Im right here butthead "Malaisha said coming from around the bookshelf and sitting next to me. "Kacie told me what happened ".

I didn't say anything I just looked in the distance.

"Your so beautiful, you know that right" Malaisha said.

I slightly smiled .She makes me feel good even at my darkest moments.

"I want to go to Hawaii someday and live there forever " Malaisha said . "I heard everyone is nice there" .

I laughed at how she just kept talking.

"Oh gawd your laugh " Malaisha said. "It still sounds the same "

"What ? It sounds the same "I questioned.

"You don't remember do you ? "

"Remember what ?"

"We were both at the park across the street from the townhouses ,where we lived. We heard sirens and we seen the fire truck zoom past. We quickly ran over the hill and saw the house was on fire, both our parents was in it just talking to each other. The police pulled us away from each other but we promised we would find each other again " Malaisha said tears streaming down her face.

Everything suddenly came back . Us playing house, doing each other hair ,and us supposedly growing up to be a princess.

"La la" I said as I pulled her face to mine.

"DiDi" she whispered against my cheek.

I looked in her glossy eyes and I knew this was my best friend, the girl that loved me. The girl I loved.