I - ARROGANT BOY

yfn + mgc

yfn + mgc

i wasn't looking where i was going.

my best friend, calum, had told me that he'd meet me by our tree at lunch, and i was excited to talk with him. we hadn't really got much opportunity recently, as we were in completely different classes. we were going to plan our sleepover for friday night, which always took a lot of effort. i always had the same conversation with my mother every time - "no, mom, im not going to have sex with cal. fucks sake, he's basically my brother!"

i was too busy thinking about what i was going to talk with cal about, that i didn't even notice i had ran into someone until i had completely rebounded off of them and onto the ground.

"what the fuck!" the person yelled from above me as i held my head in my hands. ow, ow, ow! "watch where you're going, you fucking prick." he growled.

and then i realised it was michael i had bumped into. michael clifford. the michael clifford.

for some reason, ever since we were little, he'd always had a massive problem with me. it was okay when we were in middle school; i only really had to avoid him and try to stick with calum whenever i could.

but last year he became ridiculously popular, and now most of the school hated me. and to make matters worse, cal wasnt in my lessons anymore; he wasnt able to protect me.

and he got super hot and i couldnt help having a (not so) tiny crush on him.

i stood up and mumbled a sorry, trying to walk away. on a normal day i would have dropped a snarky remark or rolled my eyes at him, but i'd been in a really good mood today, and i didn't want to ruin it anymore by having michael's lackeys beat me up after school.

i turned to go to cal, keeping my head down and my breathing as even as possible. my head was pounding after hitting the floor and it was getting kind of difficult to see with the tears blurring my vision. as long as i make it back to cal in time he'll calm me do-

"god!" i felt big hands grip my shoulders and i was spun around to face michael. he rolled his eyes and ran one hand through his hair, "no wonder no one fucking likes you! you're hideous!"

i felt my bottom lip start to quiver as the hot tears burned paths downs my cheeks. michael always insulted me and i always kept my cool and shot something back, but today i couldnt do it. i'd had such a good day and he had to come and ruin it. it took everything in me to bite back the sobs

i saw his face drop as he realised he took it too far when i spun back around and ran over to where calum was already stood. he had watched, and had his arms open wide to hold me. i flung myself into him and let the sobs escape. he just held me tight and cooed gently into my hair.