Part 1/ 2... or 3. idk yet

Dipper has always had a fascination with mysteries and the supernatural. Due to this fascination, he was always considered one of the most strangest kids in the neighborhood. It was so common that, in fact, he even considered himeslf to be a tad strange... until Gravity Falls, that is.

Ah, yes. Gravity Falls; A sleepy, unknown town in the middle of Oregon. It was revealed to the twins quite quickly that the backwater town they were visiting was not what it seemed. In the matter of fact, the supernatural thrived in their area. Gnomes digging through trash, werewolf mailmen, vampire and zombie teenagers, yeah.

This place was a category 11 strange on the 1-10 o meter. Very suddenly in that summer, Dipper realised he didn't feel strange anymore. Everything here was not normal. So, it made him feel less strange. Heck, even the people were a tad strange.

Well, everyone except -ironically- Tad Strange.

It wasn't until his twin sister pointed it out at the mayoral meeting thing that he noticed. Tad Strange was the most normal person in Gravity Falls. That was strange.

He brushed it off, summer was ending and he had more important stuff to think about. Like how they were going to win the election and take down Bud Gleeful. (One of the other candidates.)

Days later (don't ask) it continued to baffle his mind. (As displayed in the- nervermind.) He just couldn't stop thinking about it. Why was he so normal? The supernatural was everywhere! If he was so normal, why wasn't he freaking out about it? Why bother staying in Gravity Falls?

He talked about it to anyone who would listen. "Is his tie a mind control device?"

"Don't be silly, Dipper. He's a great guy." Mabel replied, unuseful in rambling brainstorms as per usual.

"Can he not see the supernatural?"

"Maybe he has cataracts. Young people get that too." Grunkle Stan(ley) even more useless, a set back even. As per usual.

"Is he a demon? He has to be. He's just acting normal so he can kill us all off one by one and destroy everyone's memories of it! He's tampering with our minds, Grunkle Ford. A bread demon is out to get us all."

"Dipper." Dipper quite literally looked up to his Grunkle Ford. "Get some rest. A person your age shouldn't be up for days theorizing about some... wait did you say demon?"

"Yes! That has to be it. Tad Strange-"

"Tad Strange?" Ford put a smile on. "Son, Tad Strange isn't a demon."

"What? How do you know? Then, what is he?" Dipper continued pacing.

A firm hand was placed on his shoulder, stopping his monotonous walk. He was looked in the eyes. "Sometimes all you need to do is ask."

Ask? How's he supposed to do that? Just walk up to the guy and ask? Yeah, okay. He can do that. Probably.

Dipper put a hand on his Grunkle's. "Thanks great uncle Ford." With that he ran upstairs and outside.

"Woah, where you going?" Wendy asked as he zoomed by. There was no time to answer. Dipper needed to know as soon as humainly (or inhumainly, whichever's faster) as possible.

He scoured the town up and down for Tad. It wasn't until he entered the Gravity Grocer that he found Tad walking out with a loaf of bread.

"Tad!" Dipper stopped right in front of him and held his notebook to his chest. "Excuse me, but I'd like to ask you a few questions."

"Of course I can answer your questions. Not sure why you'd want to ask an average joe like me questions. Dipper, right?" Tad asked, normally. Normally. Ugh. "As long as we walk talk."

Dipper nodded and started following Tad. "Okay. First off, I can't help but notice that whenever something supernatural happens, you're never there. Also, what's up with being not Strange."

Tad sighed. "So, it's one of these talks, eh?" He stopped and grabbed a notebook from his back pocket. He added another tally mark to a page, then put it away. "Well, the supernatural and I have a mutual avoidance, I suppose. I guess it's the same for strangeness."

"What do you think's causing these evasions?" Dipper asked, scribbling vigorously against his notepad.

"Trust me when I say nothing's causing it. It's just the way things are." He got down and pat Dipper's shoulder in a normal almost fatherly way.

"I swear Tad. There's something weird about you, and I'm going to find it." Dipper said, his face scrunching into an upset frown.

Tad laughed lightheartedly. "I absolutely doubt that." He began to whistle normally as he took a sharp turn into his normal yard and normally unlocked his door and stepped inside.

"Was that a threat?" Dipper asked before Tad's door slammed.

Part one, part 2 will be out soon.