Chapter 3 : Can't Help Falling In Love with You

I just stood there, in shock. I couldn't believe what was happening right now. So much had happened in the past hour. Riker bringing me on stage and singing to me, getting to meet the band backstage, see my best friend go off with Riker's brother Rocky, going on the roof with Riker, being told he really likes me and felt a special connection between us right off the bat, kissing Riker, and now this. He just told me he loves me. I don't know what to say because I love him too, but I don't know if it's just as a musician or if I love him as a person.  I mean, I barely know the guy! We literally just met an hour ago! But yet, there's something inside me telling me that I do love him, really love him, that there is something between us and that we're meant to be together. How do I tell him that?
  "Please say something, you're starting to worry me because you haven't said a word for the past minute or two. You don't feel the same way do you? Is that why you haven't said anything? I knew I shouldn't have said that, it as too soon. I mean, we just met about an hour ago but I couldn't help it, it just felt right you know--Mmph!" I cut off his rambling with a kiss because I didn't know what else to do and to buy me time to figure out what to say. "I was trying to figure out how to say what I want to say. So here's what I have to say: Riker, as you know, I've had the biggest crush on you for a long time now. But never in my wildest dreams, did I think I was actually going to meet you and get serenaded by you or kiss you or anything that has happened tonight would happen. And I definitely would never have thought you would be in love with me, or that I would be in love with you. I can't help it, Riker; I'm in love with you. Something inside me is telling me that we're meant for each other, that there is a special connection between us. What I'm trying to say is that I love you, Riker Lynch. I really do love you."
  "Wow, I can't believe this! This is absolutely one of the best days of my life! I've met the woman of my dreams and my soulmate and got the rare chance to experience love at first sight. This is the happiest I have ever been, and that's saying something. And now I want to ask you this: Kelly, will you be my girlfriend?" "Of course I will! I'd be honored." "Awesome! Now I have something for you, as a symbol of our love and my promise to always be yours and yours alone. Turn around," he instructed. I turned and I felt him wrap something around my neck. After he put it on me, I saw what it was. It was his lucky guitar pick! "But Riker, this is your lucky guitar pick! You haven't taken this off in years! Are you sure you want to give it to me?" "I'm positive. Sometime after I got it, I made a promise to myself that whenever I found my soulmate, the love of my life, I would give it to her. As long as she was beside me, I would be the luckiest man in the world," he answered, a gentle, sweet smile on his face. "That has got to be the sweetest, most romantic thing I've ever heard. I'm honored to be the one you gave this too. And I'm the luckiest, most blessed woman in the world to have you as my soulmate and the love of my life," I said, giving him a peck on the cheek. He wrapped his arm around me, gave me a quick kiss on the forehead and asked, "Shall we go give everyone the good news?" "We shall," I replied, as I laid my head against his shoulder. We couldn't wait to share our news with everyone.