2

One Month Later

The sound of retching echoed through the quiet apartment. It had been that way for Naruto for the past week or two. He had yet figured out what was wrong with him, and Kyuubi wasn't talking! All Naruto had been feeling lately was the urge to throw up every morning when he woke up or smelled food, eating strange things that disgusted everyone else, and he had been feeling light-headed and a little tipsy. Naruto flushed the toilet once he had emptied his stomach. He turned the sink in the bathroom on before wetting a cloth under the water. He ran the soaked rag over his face, washing away anything that was stuck to his skin.

He went into the living room, plopping down the couch next to the window. He stared out to the colorful sky. The sun was rising, and Naruto knew it from the beautiful colors that painted the sky. Sighing, Naruto decided that he would try to get some sort of answer from the fox demon about his health. 'Kyuubi?' Naruto called out into his mind. 'You awake?'

'What's up, kit?' came the normal response from the demon fox.

'What is wrong with me?' Kyuubi was silent. He could practically see Kyuubi shift in his cell when Naruto meditated so he could speak to the fox face-to-face. "Kyuubi! I deserve to know! What the fuck is wrong with me?! Do you even know?!"

"Of course I know!" Kyuubi growled back until he continued in a hushed tone. "I didn't tell you before because I didn't know how you would react." Kyuubi sighed heavily and loudly. "Kit, I'm not sure how exactly to tell you this in a way that you won't freak out on me, but I guess I'll just have to be blunt with you." He looked at Naruto in the eye to see if he had his vessel's attention. Once he saw that he did have Naruto undivided attention, Kyuubi continued. "You are with child."

There was a long pause before, "I'M WHAT?!" Naruto was glad that when he spoke to Kyuubi face-to-face, the outside world didn't hear anything he said. "How the fuck can I get pregnant?! I'm a guy! I can't get pregnant!"

"Wrong," Kyuubi stated. "You are human, but you have me, a fox demon, sealed inside of you. And all fox demons, males and females, can carry kits. Gender doesn't matter to a fox demon. We can all carry kits."

"So, that night? That was when..." Naruto couldn't finish his sentence. He collapsed onto the floor in front of the cell. He shoulders shook as tears started to stream from his eyes.

"Kit?"

"I can't believe it. I just can't. Why me? Why me? Why?!"

Kyuubi sighed at the sight of the even more broken teen that he considered as his own kit. He slithered one of his tails through the bars of his cell before wrapping the fluffy tail around Naruto. He placed Naruto close to his fluffy chest, right next to his left arm. "Kit? This is why I didn't want to tell you. I was afraid that this would be how you would react."

"Is there anyway to get rid of it?"

"If you are suggesting an abortion, no. The kit has already taken a form. It's too late for an abortion. I'm sorry."

"I don't want it, Kyuubi! I don't want a child created like that!"

"Kit, you have to deal with it. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is."

Naruto wept into the red fur, clutching a handful in his tight grip. Kyuubi lowered his head, resting it next to the teen. Naruto had left Kyuubi's cell after the couple of hours that the fox had used to comfort the crying ninja. Naruto had returned to his bedroom and lied on the bed. He looked out to the bright sunny sky. He knew he was already late for training, but he didn't care. "Tonight," Naruto whispered out loud to himself. "I'm leaving Konoha. I can't stand it here anymore." He took out a kunai and forehead protector from his nightstand. He held the tip of the sharp weapon to the metal of the protector before slashing right through the symbol of the Hidden Leaf. "I'm a missing-nin now. No one really cares about me, so what's the point of staying here?" He tossed the forehead protector into the open drawer of his nightstand before lying on the bed. "I better rest up since I'll probably be traveling all night to get a fair distance away."