Chapter 15: Fiesty

Tristan's POV

Treading water while floating on my board waiting for the perfect wave to come, I noticed Axel and his brother Jett approach the girls. I wanted to quickly show these guys how it's done so I can go back to spending time with my girl. Plus I wanted to beat them just so I could get another chance to kiss her.

The thought of our last kiss ignited a fire from deep inside of me. I'm positive my gray eyes turned a pure silver color with all the lust coursing through me right now.
Every fiber of my being wanted to claim her so badly, I wanted to let every other wolf know she belongs to me and me alone. When it comes to Lise I know I have to tread lightly.

Sometimes I easily forget that she's not one of us, that she doesn't know anything of our ways. I don't want to do anything drastic to frighten her. I'm pretty damn sure me chomping down on her neck to claim her would scare the crap out of her. I can't afford to lose her, already she's made such an impact in my life for the better. Being with Lise makes me want to be a better person and focus more in school for some reason.

The guys tease me constantly, saying I'm so whipped. They say she's got me wrapped around her tiny pinky finger. I can't agree with them more, I'd do anything to make her happy. My parents were delighted to hear that I found my mate, my Mom was ecstatic to hear that it's Lise.

She said she's always loved Lise like a daughter. That she's such a good girl who's smart, down to earth, and has a great head on her shoulders. I wasn't aware my Mom is that close to Lise. Sure I knew Lise and her Mom came over my house sometimes to join my Mom for dinner while Dad was away handling pack business.

Of course, I was never around when the girly gatherings happened. I'd either be at a party, hanging out with the guys, or chilling in my place playing games. What I didn't know is that Lise volunteers to help my Mom every Sunday afternoon with tutoring kids who were having trouble in school. My Mom's a first grade teacher and Luna of the pack.

Luke let out an angry growl, not liking how close the guys were getting to our mates. He knows Axel is Lise's protector and accepts it, but like me he's not too fond of the idea.
It's not that we don't like Axel or Jett, the issue is that we don't know them as well as we'd like to. They were raised by a different pack. Who's to say the rules they abide by are the same as ours?

Being future Alpha, I tried the best I could to make them feel welcomed to our pack. Just thinking of what his entire family has been through was heartbreaking to any wolf community. An entire pack savagely killed by rogues all because of a ruthless leader who was bitter for being declined allowance into their pack.

Axel's former Alpha was looking out for the best interest of his pack when he denied the rogues from joining them. He knew they were unmerciful killers who didn't have any regard for fellow wolves. For that single reason alone, the entire existence of the Rainy Lake Pack of Minnesota was wiped out completely.

Axel's parents fled the area with their children in fear of retaliation from the rogues. Afraid they'd come after them for killing three of their own. The only reason why they survived was due to Axel, Jett, and their father's quick thinking and excellent fighting skills.

"Top that suckers!" Max hollered breaking me out of my thoughts. "He just got done riding a killer wave that I completely missed." To be honest with you my heart isn't in this competition. I only agreed to it, because Lise encouraged me to do so...I wanted to make her proud.

I watched from a distance as Axel stood from his place beside Lise, offering his hand to help her up. Where are they going? I'm not going to lie, just seeing another guy...protector or not...touching my girl made me see red. It took every ounce of control I had in my body to not paddle my way in and tear him apart.