Masks off at midnight

The day has finally come!!!! I raced down stairs and Paige was there "Happy Birthday!!" She said. "Thank you!!!" I scream in excitement "the party starts at 8:00 pm sharp" I say and she stops me for a second.. She goes to a draw and pulls out a letter "Your mother wanted me to give this to you before she died.. But she said wait until your eighteenth birthday.." She said. I hesitate to grab the letter as she hands it to me. I open it and it reads: 'Dear my lovely Daughter Elda, you have come so far in your journey and your day has come to find out who you really are.. And who I was.. If you have ever wondered why we were so rich and why we had guards out the front of our house and maids that is all because I was the queen of England.. Your a princess they had to hide you when you were born but they still let you live in luxury.. Your eighteen which means your finally allowed to take the throne England has lived without royalty for seventeen years.. You can choose who you want to be.. But your the last one left..
Happy birthday..
Love, Mum' I tear slips tear slips down my cheek. I drop the letter in fear and look at Paige "I-I'm.. A princess?.." I shake and my voice cracks. "Soon to be queen.." Said Paige. "Are you going to take the throne?.." She asks. "I'll.. Think about it.." I bite my bottom lip hard and slowly start to walk upstairs. I sit on the edge of the bed and re-read the letter over and over again. I run my fingers down the edge of the old untouched paper. I have to make a choice... I take a deep breath I would have to think about it over night I would tell her tomorrow.
Later that day I headed down stairs to get my dress for the party and my mask.
It's 6:00 pm sharp. Which means we have 2 hours to get it ready. Still in shock I try to forget about the letter that is locked away in my draw. I set up with Paige and we got it done by 7:3o pm I only had 30 minutes to get ready! I ran upstairs and put my hair in a half up half down look and curled it in tight ringlets. I put my dress on and my black heals I took my mask and place it over my face and tied it tightly. I head down stairs and waited. A security guard had a list of people who were invited. People started arriving one by one Scarlett was the first and then a flood of people came through. All with masks on the punch bowel was half empty by half the night. I didn't think it but Alex was one of the last people to come but the last flood of people came at about 8:30 pm which isn't to late. He found me and he didn't recognise me he thought he was just dancing with another girl. He asks me "Have you seen Elda anywhere?". I laugh "Your talking to her..". He smiles at my laugh and says "Happy Birthday...". We dance for hours and I didn't think it but Kendall was there to she came up to me when I wasn't around and said "Not bad Elda.." She say and raise an eyebrow "didn't know you were this rich.." She walk away and I go back to Alex. 11:43 Pm.. Paige stops the music and announces for me to come up on stage and make a speech. I didn't plan that part!. I walk up nervous to the stage and don't take my mask off. I begin 'I would like to thank all of you for coming here.. And.. I would just like to say.. I couldn't be happier. Thank you!" I walked off stage feeling embarrassed but after a while everyone forgot about it. 11:59 pm the clock strikes twelve and I take my mask off. And everyone Yells "Happy Birthday!" I smile and laugh. I look up at Alex. The music stops and people start to leave Alex being the last. But he didn't leave because his parents were in Fiji. I asked him "how did you get here?.." He replied "I car pulled with a close friend but they have already left..". I think "your more than welcome to stay.."'I said and looked at Paige she nodded and I showed him to the guest room. Before I leave I need to ask "Alex I need to know why you love me...". He stops. "I love you because your smart, your funny, your beautiful, your Kind, your personality is bubbly and bright and I love you for much more reasons..". He hugs me and I hug him back. I smile and go into my room and lock the door. I take a shower and when I get out. I change into a baggy green jumper and bike shorts. I brush my hair and look at the time 1:34 am. We have school today but I don't think I will go. I get unlock my door as I don't like it to be locked. I look at the letter my mother wrote me I think and think and think... I will take the throne..
I put the letter down feeling overwhelmed I am going to wait a few hours to finally make a solid decision but I just didn't want to hurt Alexander when I told him.. I didn't want to see his reaction.. I put my head on my feathered pillow. And fall asleep. Another nightmare comes back to haunt me. I wake up with a small scream and a gasp I am sweating and Alexander comes running in. I am sitting up with my face in my hands. "Sorry.. It was just a nightmare..". " I get them to.. Don't worry.." He reassured me. I check the time 2:34 am I didn't sleep for very long.. Alexander stays with me until I fall asleep but he fell asleep the same time I did.
Authors note:
Hi guys I hope your enjoying the story things just got a little more interesting...