You Lured Me In, I Couldn't Sense The Pain

The blinding sun shines through the curtains, helping to wake me up along with the constant vibrating from my phone. I wince as a pain in my neck starts back up, reminding me of the events from last night.

I clamber out of heaven, also known as my bed, and go to look at the mirror. My eyes widen as I notice the large, purple, blue and extremely sore bruise on my neck. Shit. I'll be needing a good piece of clothing to cover that up.

Due to the warm sun and blue skies, I decide on a smart black dress and flats. I wrap a light pink scarf around my neck which covers it and still looks appropriate. Nodding in satisfaction, I head downstairs to do my daily ritual - grabbing a banana to go and a pill to be swallowed down with a coffee. Instead of treating myself at Starbucks, I make my own. I'd rather die than see Sebastian there.

Before long I drive to work for another boring day. I don't expect anything interesting to happen today, apart from being petrified of seeing Calum. Does he have a good reason as to why he hurt me like yesterday? I shake the horrible thought out of my mind and continue with work.

After a few hours, I need to use the toilet and hurriedly rush off to the ladies room. It's empty at first glance but soon I hear quiet sobs coming from the last cubicle. I'm not the nicest of people and I have a lot of my own problems to be crying about, however I still have sympathy for the girl.

"Um, hello? Are you okay?" I call out.

The sobbing stops abruptly, followed by her loudly blowing her nose. I wait patiently as she slowly unlocks the door and opens it, the hinges creaking loudly.

"Hey," I greet her. She looks familiar but I don't think we've spoken properly before. Her shoulder length hair is blonde with pink tips and she's wearing a long skirt with a white, plain top. Mascara is running down her face and her lipstick is smudged messily across her mouth.

"Hey, um...?"

"Laura," she replies through gasps and sobs.

"I'm Ava," I respond unsure of what to say. "Are you okay?" I wonder aloud.

"Yeah, I'm fi-" she bursts into fits of tears. "No, I'm not okay." After that all I heard was fractions of words through her sobs and stutters.

From what I understand, it's something about her boyfriend. Argh, I hate bumping into these types of women.

My boyfriend this, my boyfriend that.

Kill me now.

"Laura? Calm down. I can't understand a single thing you're saying. Now, inhale the happiness and exhale the shit in life."

She giggles a bit and gradually stops sobbing.

"Now, slowly and calmly tell me what's wrong." Her eyes are red and puffy and because of the smudged mascara and eyeliner, she looks like a panda.

She takes in a deep breathe,"well you see, I walked i-i-into my boyfriend cheating o-o-on me. And the worst p-p-part? He ch-ch-cheated on me with m-m-my mum!"

This girl has some stuttering issues. She looks at me with sincere sadness and for a moment I feel really bad for her.

"This man doesn't deserve you if he thinks he can cheat on you. You deserve happiness. Everyone deserves happiness, even if they are the worst person on earth. Why are you even crying? If he is so low as to cheat on you with you mother then he can go fuck off. He isn't worth your tears. And one day you will find a man to treat you properly, with love, and cherish you like you're the only thing that matters. This, whatever relationship you had with that jerk, wasn't meant to work, he isn't your Prince Charming or your knight in shining armour. You deserve better."