(Beginning)

I sat in the front of the class, phone out and scrolling through the most recent tweets on my dash. Snippets of conversations and pictures from last nights party appeared on my screen but I didn't pay much attention to them. Most of them were from the lower middle class of the school caste. IE being the wannabe popular's and class clowns. None of them really mattered to me. The only reason I followed them to begin with was so they'd follow me. Popularity was all about status. Who had the most views, the most likes, and most importantly the most followers. Currently, I rested at 678 followers. Everyone at school knew and loved me. So why wouldn't I be the most popular?

I frowned slightly as a picture of school clown Clay Hunter drawing an smily face on a very chubby and asleep Greg Matthew's stomach popped up on my screen. Greg's scraggly and glitter filled chest hair alone made me want to gag. Not to mention his man boobs.

Quickly, I scrolled down, trying hard to erase that image from my mind forever. Thankfully, or not, a certain red haired girl walked up to me and brought my attention away from it.

"Hey Cindy." Farah Evans greeted as she approached me. Her voice was dripping with fake sickly sweetness, that nearly made me cringe. I managed to keep it together and put on an warm smile.

"Hi Farah." I greeted nicely. Farah didn't seem to pay attention to my words and took the seat next to me, red hair falling back over her shoulder as she did. Farah and I had been at war since the beginning. Ever since I could remember, she had been trying to gain popularity and push me out from under my throne. She was pretty, without a doubt, and smart but she could never rule over me. Farah was too.....bleak to be as popular as I am. She rarely goes to parties and from what I heard from her boyfriend, Duncan, she does a little too much of something else.

The red head looked up to me, bright eyes shining with an glint of something that somehow made me uncomfortable. I didn't have to read minds to know what she was going to say next was her newest plan.

"I just came over cause I was worried about you." Farah said, words and face sincere enough to fool an normal person. But I wasn't that easy.

I tilted my head slightly to show her I was slightly interested. Seeing this, Farah explained further.

"Well I couldn't help but notice that your follower count was....starting to fall." She said, voice high and lip pouty.

I felt my heart stop for a split second. Even the mere thought of my follower count dropping had my heart plummeting into my stomach. My life would be completely over if I lost my followers. They were everything to me. They were what made me popular and kept me there. I couldn't stay at this school without them.

Taking in a small breath, I reminded myself that I had checked my account just a few minutes ago and it had been fine. There was no need to worry. Farah was just trying to get the upper hand on me.

I composed myself quickly and turned back to Farah, armor on.

"What do you mean? It was the same today as it was yesterday." I said, voice clear and without the breaking. The second I'd said those words an cheshire grin crept over the red heads face and I knew I'd fallen right him to her trap.

"Precisely." Farah began, smirk remaining.

"You see, according to the schools website, exactly 679 students go to Dominic High. And well your falling a little on the short end." Farah bit her lip and pulled out her own phone. Taking a few seconds to click some buttons, the devious teen turned her phone around to show me my own profile. My eyes immediately darted to the follower count, hoping it wasn't true. My stomach dropped at what I saw.

678.

A little 'hmm' come from Farah before she clicked off her phone and shoved it into her backpack. She pushed her stray hair behind her ear, an look of total stuck up ness on her face.

"Anyway I hope you get better soon. Bye." With that, my evil enemy zipped around and strutted out of the classroom. I stayed put, making sure to shoot dagger at the back of her head as she left. An mix of anger and worry bubbled inside me, my body not knowing how to take it. I hated to think that Farah had actually gotten to me with this latest stunt but in the end I could only think one thing.

I had to find that one non-follower.

Hey guys! I hope you liked the first chapter! Okay, so I know 678 follower isn't that much but I needed it to be a number that was the same as the students in her school so she'd see one was missing. Just think of it like there are no other users other than the ones at her school :)

Thank you for reading!