Chapter Two: Lisa Washington

My name is Lisa Washington. Let me tell you a little about myself.

I was born to Michael and Loretta Washington. I also have an older brother named Myles. I live here in Chicago in the suburban area. I went to an all-girls catholic school. I like boys.... Well, bad boys in particular. I love their thuggish ways and their sex appeal. I find them very attractive. My parents want me to be a lawyer, but that's not going to happen. I wanna find me a thug that loves me and takes care of me. When I graduated from college, I planned to get married and have a career in fashion. I always loved fashion since I was a little girl. My mother thinks it's a waste of time and I should pursue a career as a lawyer. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents and I know they want what's best for me but I am an adult now. I have to make my own decisions and if they don't like it, then tough. When I was in high school, I used to love to draw pictures, of shoes, dresses, blouses and skirts in this little book, I kept. I showed it to my friends and they thought the pictures were amazing, but my parents didn't think so. They didn't even know that I applied for a fashion school here in Chicago and I got accepted it. I dropped out of the University of Chicago and went to the Fashion Institute School. I loved every minute of it. My parents eventually found out about it. My dad didn't care what I wanted to do as long as I was happy. My mother was a little disappointed about it, but she came around.

I just broke up with my ex-boyfriend, Carlos. He cheated on me with another woman. I beat his ass and the woman he was cheating on. Yeah, I got a little hood in me. A lot of women think I'm this stuck-up, rich woman with an attitude but I'm not. The reason I'm like that is because when I was 10 years old when we moved here and I had to fit in so people would like me. I still haven't found the perfect man yet. I left my work and I had been waiting for a cab like I always do. My car is in the shop, so I walked and called for a cab. I saw a cab pull up and I grabbed it because I can't stand being in the cold. So this woman tries to open my door before I can close it and threatens me to get out of the cab. I ended up cursing her out. Next thing I know I'm sharing a cab with this woman. I couldn't believe it. When I looked at her, she looked like a man. A handsome man, actually. She looked like a thug too. This woman was so fine but I'm not attracted to women. Now I can't get this damn woman out my head. I even wondered what her name was. I shook my head and said to myself, "Why am I even thinking about her?"

The driver dropped me off at my house and I went inside. I went upstairs to take a bath. I needed to warm up after being in the cold. So I took a bath and then I changed into some warm clothes. I drew in my little book like I used to do when I was little. I heard a knock on the door and when I opened the door, It was the maid, Ms. Jenkins. She's a real nice lady. She listens to me and gives me good advice. I wish my mother was more like Ms. Jenkins. My mother and father are workaholics and I hardly even see my parents anymore.

Ms. Jenkins: Hey honey! Dinner's ready! Your mother called and said that she'll be here in an hour and your father is working late tonight.

Me: (sighs) Again?

Ms. Jenkins: Yes. I made your favorite, Shepard's pie, greens, lamb chops, and my famous buttermilk biscuits.

Me: (sighs) I'll be right down.

I closed my drawing book and put it in my drawer. I put my slippers on and went downstairs. I sat at the table and Ms. Jenkins placed my food in front of me.

Me: Ms. Jenkins, can I have a glass of wine?

Ms. Jenkins: Yes and I'll go get it for you.

I took a bite of my food and it was heaven. Ms. Jenkins can really burn in the kitchen. She came back with one glass and a bottle of wine. I opened the wine and poured it into the glass. I took a sip of wine and it hit the spot. I finished my dinner and waited for my mother to come home. An hour later, there was a knock at the door. I answered it and it was my mother. She's a juvenile attorney for the children of all ages. The reason my mother is a lawyer is because she grew up in an abusive home and she ended up in foster care. That inspired her to help mistreated children everywhere. So my mother goes to the bathroom to wash up and then comes back to the dining table. Ms. Jenkins has a hot plate of food ready for her.