~Chapter Fourteen~

Studying.

Later on...

It was evening. Toka was trying to study since she heard about the test on Tuesday. She was going through a maths book and was about to pull her hair out, when she heard squealing.

"Haruo! Fancy seeing you here!" Toka looked up and saw Haruo with some girls. He had his hands up slightly with an awkward closed eye smile.

"Y-yeah... It's not like you didn't know I'm usually here..." He said with a sweat drop.

"Haruo-San! Please teach me in maths!" A girl said.

"No, me!"

"No! Me!"

"I'm sorry, I have a test on Tuesday and I really need to study." Haruo said.

"Well, girls really do fall for him." Toka said to herself.

"But Haruo-San!"

"I'm sorry... Maybe next time?" He smiled. The girls all sighed dreamily.

"Ok... Bye Haruo-San~!" The girls said before walking off. Haruo sighed and then he looked at the librarian who was looking at him.

"Sorry for the interruption." He said. The librarian then sighed dreamily.

"Even old ladies fall for him?" Toka questioned. She then shook her head and looked back at the text book. "What even is this? Algebra? Why did they bring letters into maths?" Toka cried as she hit her on the table and put the book on her head. "I'm gonna fail." She said.

"What are you stuck on?" Someone asked. Toka looked up and saw Haruo.

"Huh? You're that Haruo guy." She said.

"Yes. You're from Class 3-E, correct?" He asked.

"Hai. Toka Yada." Toka said.

"Haruo Subaru. What are you stuck on?" Haruo asked.

"This." Toka said, pointing to a question.

"Hm... That is tricky." He said. He then walked around the table and sat next to Toka. "What you do is rearrange this with this and then you times it by this. After that you divide it with this and that's what X equals."

"Huh?" Toka questioned.

"Sorry, I was talking my method. Um, trying timing this by this instead." He said.

"Ok..." Toka said.

...

"Whoa. I did it." She gasped.

"Well done." Haruo smiled.

"Thank you so much!" Toka said.

"It's fine. We're going to be in the same class after all." Haruo smiled. "Do you need help with anything else?"

"Um, should you be helping me when those girls asked you and you said no?" Toka asked. Haruo sighed.

"I've already taught them everything I know. I'm only ranked 8. If I was 1 or 2, maybe I would be able to help them a little more." Haruo explained.

"Wait, don't you need to Study too?" Toka asked.

"I already know pretty much everything I can for maths. I'm just going through some books because sometimes, Akahana-Sensei often gives us questions to catch us out." Haruo explained.

"She does?" Toka asked. Haruo nodded.

"That's why we're doing this exam test on Tuesday instead of Monday. She hand writes the exams to help us. On Monday, she will tell the whole class about the exam and find out what you guys know and don't know. Believe it or not, I used to be ranked 200 and there's 201 students in this year." Haruo explained.