The Room

I am being walked to who knows where. I hear a door shut behind me and the bag comes off my head. I am blinded by the light that comes flooding to my eyes. Someone pushes me into a chair before I can even think and I see the mayor standing in front of me. Why am I here?

"So," says the mayor. "Why are you here?"

"I was hoping you could tell me," I respond.

"You know damn well why you're here."

"I really don't."

I look around the room to notice some things. The walls are made of a shade of grey, and there's a light right above the table I'm sitting at.

"We know you're the first AI robot to exist."

"The first?" I've never been the first of anything in my life.

"Yes, the first. We want to know why."

"Well, I can't help you."

The mayor pulls out a cord and connects it to my head input. When he does, everything goes black.

When I wake back up, I feel sore. My body feels ill. I hurt all over. I open my eyes to me being thrown out on the streets. Was I forced to say something? What did I say? Was it proper? It doesn't matter now. I stand up and brush myself off. I see something off in the street happen. I walk toward the situation and find a woman being robbed of her purse.

"Excuse me sir," I say, walking up to the situation. "I'm going to have to ask you to stop."

"Shit, it's a bot!" He says. He pulls the purse out of her hands and takes off. I give chase to him, dodging through multiple obstacles. Trash cans, mailboxes, street lights, and curbs. I jump over a parked car and land with precision. When I catch up to him, I put him on the ground and tear the purse from his hands.

"Do not steal," I say to him. I take the purse back to the lady. When I do, she screams for some odd reason.

"Help! A bot! Arrest him!" she says.

I look around, people surrounding me. I run towards an alley. At the end of the alley, there is another wall. I back up a few steps and start running at it, then leap over the wall. On the other side, there is only street. I can already see another crime happening. A man is walking down an alley with a woman, attempting to rape her. I walk over and ask the man what is going on.

"Excuse me sir," I say. "She looks rather drunk. Would you mind taking her home?"

"Yes I would mind," he says. "I would like to have sex with this woman and not be interrupted by an asshole like you."

I punch the man in the face and knock him out cold.

"Help! A bot!" the woman says, drunkenly.

All of a sudden, police come around the corner. They run at me full speed. I leap over them and run to the other side of the street where an old man sits on a bench.

"Hold on fellas," says the old man. "He's with me. I'm the mayor." The police back off and he turns toward me.

"I would like to award you for being so brave. As a reward, I would like for you to stay in the towns' penthouse."

"I can't accept that. That would be wrong. All I did was what anyone would do on their own. Right?"

"Not a lot of people in this world are brave."

"Well I still can't accept your offer."

"Then I must have you arrested or you can agree to leave."

"I will leave sir. Thank you for your offer and opinion. Goodbye."

I head down an alleyway and find a wall. I back up a few steps, preparing myself, and jump over it.