s i s t e r

What does it mean to be a Trueblood? Part of the strongest, biggest, oldest, and most powerful bloodlines in the entire werewolf world?

It means that my brother is a stinking moron.

He was the Alpha of the pack and so technically the Alpha of me—which was completely unnecessary because I didn't need someone to boss me around. But he was the only family I had left and it wasn't like you could choose who you were related to.

He sent me away to an insanely boring town, with only three stop lights I might add, to live out my entire life.

It was total hell.

I was prohibited from making any friends in case they found out about my secret, not that I minded much. Everyone my age just wanted to move far away and I didn't blame them.

Ares said he sent me here for my safety but I couldn't see how living in this black hole would protect me. I would be better off living with the pack but no, my brother ordered me to stay here. My theory was that he just didn't want to deal with me.

The only good thing I was looking forward to was beginning my senior year of human high school. Ares told me this would be my last year and that we would talk about my future at some point. I couldn't wait to leave. The school barely had two hundred students and more than half of them didn't talk to me. Every day was the same and nothing changed.

Like I said, an insanely boring town.

And I, Claire Trueblood, would do anything for a little fun.

.•*•.

"McDonald," I cringed when I heard my fake last name. I spun around and saw Shane run up to me. It looked like he'd just woken up, probably since he never slept for more than six hours. Unlike me, Shane actually did his homework while I kind of "accidentally" forgot.

Ares can deal with it.

"Minkin," I waited for him to catch up so we could walk together.

"Did you do the math homework?" He asked as we headed to lunch. Shane and I had almost every class together, considering how small the school was. Math was my worst subject and he wanted to tutor me but I told him he'd be wasting his time. I was terrible at math.

"Was I supposed to?" I asked innocently.

"Uh, yeah, it counts for ten percent of our grade,"

"Oops. Forgive me, I was doing something else that was more important." I sighed dramatically and he cocked his head.

"Like what?"