2. Rome

The newly engaged couple walked into the tower to find Carl reading a book. "Carl." Gabriel said.

The friar jumped startled and looked at them. "Oh. It's just you two. You gave me a fright. I didn't hear you approach."

"Sorry. Did you hear back from Rome yet?"

"Yes. I just didn't want to bother you and decided to wait for you to come up here."

"We appreciate that, Carl." Anna said.

"So what did they say?" Gabriel asked.

"They said they want us back immediately and then to discuss your next assignment."

"We'll leave as asked as soon as Anna packs a bag for the trip and then we'll discuss the assignment after the wedding."

"What wedding?" Carl asked confused.

"I proposed already and she said yes."

Anna showed him the ring on her finger and the friar brightened up. "OH! Congratulations!"

"Thank you." They replied in unison.

"Well, lets hurry up then so we can get there and get you two married." Carl said and started to clean up.

The couple laughed and left to pack their bags.

It was around dusk when the trio reached the docks along the Adriatic Sea. Anna had fallen asleep on the ride there with her head against Gabriel's back. Gabriel got off and lightly shook her awake. "We're here, Darling."

Anna yawned opening her eyes and looked at him. "What?"

"We're here." He repeated.

Anna furrowed her eyebrows in confusion then looked around. She gasped in aw. "It's BEAUTIFUL." She said just above a whisper.

Gabriel helped her down off the mare and set her on her feet. "Go check it out. I'll take care of the horses while Carl pays for our ride."

She nodded and walked over sitting in the wet sand by the surf. Looking out towards the open sea, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath of the fresh oceanic air letting the smell of saltwater fill her senses. She opened them again and watched as a small wave crashed against the shoreline trailing up close to her. She felt the water with her hand and shivered as the wave swept back and some wet sand covered her fingers. *It's the best thing I ever did see.* She thought.

"Ready to go?" Said a voice behind her.

She turned around and nodded. "Just give me a second." She said and quickly rinsed her hands off in the water. "Ok. Lets go." She said taking his hand and walking up to the dock and onto the boat.

That night, was the first night the two slept in the same bed. No sex of course as they were waiting for their honeymoon for that. It's two and half days later and they just reached St. Peter's Church in Vatican City, Rome. Anna wanted her own horse to ride and so they all dismounted and Carl took them to the stables as Gabriel walked up to his fiance'. "You alright, Darling?"

"I'm fine." She said coming out of her amazed stare. "I was just admiring the church. It's the biggest church I've ever seen and it's so amazing."

"Wait until we get inside. It's even more amazing." He said and they walked inside.

Anna looked around in complete aw. "WOW." She breathed. "And this is where we're getting married?" She asked looking at him.

"Yes. Now hush and let me do the talking." He replied and they entered the confessional. "Forgive me, Father for I have sinned." He said doing the sign of the cross.

"Yes, I know." Came a voice from the other side as the window shot open. "As always, you're very good at that."

Gabriel rolled his eyes. "I found my first name is Gabriel. Dracula seemed to know me very well. However, he called me The Left Hand of God saying I killed him four hundred years ago."

"Hmmm. Interesting. And glad to know your first name, Gabriel. Much better than just Van Helsing." Cardinal Jinette replied.

"Do you know anything about The Left Hand of God?"

"No. But I'm sure we can find something in the library. Now, your report."

"Dracula is dead and Frankenstein is gone."

"Good, good. And what of The Valerious'?"

"Velken was a warewolf by the time we got there and I had to kill him."

Anna behind him teared up remembering that day, but stayed quiet and wiped them away. Jinette bowed his head. "May he rest in peace." He said. "And the Princess Anna?"

Gabriel stepped to the side to reveal her and Anna went in front of him. "Hello."

Jinette looked angry for a second, but then relaxed. "Hello. And he brought you here why?"

She showed him her ring. "We are engaged, Your Eminence. We wish to marry here right away."

"Engaged?" He asked his voice rising. "ENGAGED?!?"

Anna winced at the shout, but kept her composure. "Before you start shouting at him, it's not his only fault. It's mine as well. Throughout the mission, we fell in love and there was nothing we could do about it. We were there with the same goal and being the opposite sex, things were bound to happen. He protected me because it was his job. But then we fell in love and he protected me because of that too. He wasn't protecting anymore just because it was his job. He loved me. But I also fell in love with him and given I have no family anymore, he is what I have left. Now you can have your own thoughts about it and not be happy with our decision, but you are to keep them to yourself. We will marry in a few hours by the pope here in this church, we will pack his and Carl's things, and we will discuss the new mission then. But not until after we're married. Do you understand?"

Cardinal Jinette certainly was unhappy, but he nodded not wanting to anger the princess, and spoke. "Yes."

"Good." She replied and turned to face Gabriel. "I'll go get a dress and meet you in a few hours back here with you standing at the alter."

"Alright. I'll go ask the pope about him doing the ceremony and have some of the monks prepare it while I get a tux. How many hours do you think?"

"Four. That'll be just enough time for everything." She said and pecked his lips. "I love you."

"I love you too." He replied and they went their separate ways.