Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve: Out

-----------

Haru couldn't sleep. She wondered for the past four days about how her life could have something so random like that happen. She had an awkward feeling in gut too. Kind of like Taehyung had lied to her. She ignored it because whether he lied or not, she didn't want to know. She just wanted to pretend like what happened didn't happen. She didn't want to face the truth. That's just how she was.

Haru was braindead when Younghee, Hana, Hoseok, her boss, her coworkers and pretty much everyone around her asked where she went. She made up a quick lie which was, "I was feeling kind of stressed so I took a vacation. I'm sorry for leaving so suddenly without notice," but of course her work was furious and she was scolded and assaigned overtime for a month. Overtime was a bettrr punishment than being fired though so Haru was kind of relieved.

During her lie she thought, why should I lie? If it was the truth why should I lie about what happened? She wanted to ask Taehyung but had assumed that maybe that Suga guy had threatened him or maybe Taehyung was afraid of the police being contacted. She wouldn't really know but she still had to shrug it off and act like it didn't happen. Except with Taehyung.

When she Taehyung she felt awkward. His aura was different. He didn't seem as childish as he used to. He still acted childish but his aura wasn't childish. Haru ignored it. If she and Taehyung saw one another, she tried to be nice but also ignore him like she was busy or something.

Haru's phone signaled a text and pulled her out of her thoughts.

Hey~ wanna get ice cream? - Hoseokie

Haru didn't even want to begin thinking about Hoseok. She of course wanted to hang out with him but she didn't want to start questioning her feelings again. She wanted to just like him and date him without being unhappy or confused. She even ignored her feelings for Taehyung that was were waiting to be accepted, but wouldn't.

Yeah! I'll meet you there :)

She put on shoes and left the house after calling out to her mother where she was going. She met Hoseok at the park near the ice cream place. "Hey!" Hoseok ran up to her, smiling.

"Hi," she smiled. "I'll pay today, don't worry," she pinched his cheek. Hoseok agreed. Haru got one scoop of cookies and cream in a cone and Hoseok got two scoops of chocolate fudge on a cone.

"Hold this! Don't...eat any," Hoseok said and handed his ice cream to Haru before running off somewhere. Haru wondered where he went but continued eating her ice cream. She even took a bite of Hoseok's too.

"Are you eating alone? You look pathetic holding two. Like he's actually coming back," a girl approached Haru and scoffed.

"Um...Who are you?" Haru raised her eyebrows.

"You don't remember me?" She smirked. Haru pursed her lips. "Ha," the girl laughed, "I know you saw me at the park. Remember?"

Haru studied the girl. She had short brown hair, fair skin, and wore a dress with tall heels. Oh, it's her, Haru thought.

"Ji...Sum?" Haru asked. She knew the girl's name was Jisoo but she wanted to get it wrong anyways.

"Jisoo," she corrected and sat by Haru. "Can I have some? Chocolate fudge is my favorite," Jisoo smiled. It wasn't a nice smile but more like 'I know all there is to know so back off cause I'm better'.

"Actually, no. This isn't mine so I have no say so in if you can have some," Haru replied, sarcasm coating her voice.

"Hmm, I think it's okay," Jisoo snickered and went to grab Hoseok's ice cream, which was beginning to melt. Haru felt angry and annoyed. This girl was trying to take Hoseok back! Haru suddenly felt protective over Hoseok again. Was she beginning to like him again?