Prologue

"Boss, we've got Michael, caught the son of a bitch trying to escape. But don't worry, I  gave him the beating of his life." Said Sergei, my right hand man and long time friend.

Apparently this Michael borrowed  $1.2 million from me to gamble. I loaned him the money but with the stipulation that he'll return the principal amount with interest within four months .

And now when my men went to collect he said that he needs more time.
I'm a loan shark , I loan money to anyone who is in need and then I expect the person to pay on time . If not , well then say goodbye to life .
On top of that ,this bastard tries to escape .

Ha...the nerve of him. Thought he can escape from Nikolai Ivanov .
Damn, Sergei did gave him a thorough beating.

"So Michael, did you really think that you could escape me? Have you forgotten that I run this city. So, give me a reason as to why I shouldn't kill you this instant."

"Please,please Mr. Ivanov, give me some time. I will return you your money, ple..please don't kill me"
The idiot stutters.

"And how do you plan on doing that . After all $1.2 million is not a small amount" .

"Please , pl... please just give me some time . I'll figure something out ", he pleaded again.

"I did give you time, remember, four months to be exact. You still haven't returned me my money, and on top of that you tried to escape.
I don't like liars,cheaters and  useless people like you , who thinks that they can just borrow money and then not pay when the time comes .
Well, goodbye. At least there will be one less useless son of a bitch on this  Earth now."

With that, I emptied my revolver through his forehead. Blood splattered everywhere . It doesn't affect me anymore . In my line of work  if you can't tolerate a little blood, then you can never succeed.
I've been in this business for a very long time .

"Call the cleaners." I ordered Sergei.

"If there's nothing else, I'm going home." And with that I left to my empty house.

"Hey boss," said Arty, my driver.

It's already 9:30 p.m., great, half an hour wasted due to that low life. I hate people who waste my time after all time is money .On my way home, I contemplated about life.

I'm 31, and I still have no family . I don't think I even know what it feels like to have  a family. To have someone who will love and care for me .

People always mistake money for happiness. They think that just because I'm filthy rich , I'm happy .
But what's the use of having unimaginable wealth if you don't have anyone to share it with .

I gave away the hope of having a family a long time ago but deep down I just want someone to love,to cherish and to possess.
Someone to wait for me at that empty, huge house.  Someone who will love me despite all my faults. Someone to share my wealth and power with.  Someone to care for me . Someone who will be with me in good and bad times .

Sometimes I feel like I'm cursed , that I will always be lonely . Without any family .

God knows if I'll ever find that 'special someone' who is made for me , if I'll ever find my solnyshka ( my sun ) .......the one who'll shine some light into my dark life .

LITTLE DID I KNOW THAT , THAT "SOMEONE" IS JUST ABOUT TO COME IN MY LIFE .........

***************

Please , everyone vote and comment and also share it with your friends .
Be lenient , this is my first story :)

Constructive criticism is appreciated :)