We are the Rejects

Hello, my name is Chocolate Diamond, my team calls me Coco D for short. I am the leader of our group, The Rejects

And I know what you may be wondering, "I'm a Diamond, I should be in the authority, not a reject"
Well, you'd be wrong, VERY wrong.

You see, I was born....deformed, per say. I didn't look like how a Diamond should look, so they threw me out, thinking I was a waste.

But they're wrong, I'm NOT a waste...in fact, me and my team are getting stronger, even with the four of us.

Oh, maybe I should tell you about them too.

Well, their names are Coral, Obsisian, and Fossil. They aren't technically gemstones, so as the first of their kind, they were kicked out as well, at different times of course.

First there's Fossil, she was the first to join me. I remeber sitting in my hideout, and heard yelling and screaming at the Gem creation center, so, using my gem to turn me invisibe (I have that power) I went to see what was going on.

And what I saw made me mad.

It was Yellow Diamond, the WORST diamond ever, SHE was the one who threw me out...but enough about that, its what she was doing to poor, just emerged Fossil.

She called for one of her strongest soldiers, a group of Jaspers, to crack Fossils gem. Fossil was too freaked out to do anything, so I made my move.

I went in, and grabbed Fossil just before the Jaspers could grab her, and ran, ran as fast as my short legs could carry me.

After a while, when I knew I had outran the Jaspers, I stopped running, and put the poor, shivering Fossil on the ground.

She started crying. She was so scared. I cuddled her until she stopped crying.

Of course then, we didn't know eachothers names, but we quickly found them out.

So, I raised Fossi, per say. She was jumpy for the first few days, but she quickly got used to the envirement of survival, and loved it.

She's now my "bodyguard", I guess you could say. She would die for me. I tell her that isn't necesary, but she's a stubborn one, so I'll just have to make sure she doesn't hurt herself badly.

The next one who joined us was Obsidian. Me and Fossil found her hiding in a cave. She was a bit hostile.towards us at first (which Fossil was having none of. The two of them fought often) But she eventually warmed up to us, and is actually pretty quiet once you know her.

When she finally warmed up, she told us why she was hiding in the cave.

Apparently, she was at first thought to be a type of Jade, and she was accepted in society for quite a while. But, when they found her true colors, she was outcasted immediately, the Authority trying to hunt her down and crack her gem.

So, out of instinct, she ran away. She found this cave, and decided to live in it. When we arrived, she thought we were part of the authority. But when she (eventually) found out we weren't, she joined our team of runaways.

She is actually great friends with Fossil now, despite being a little bit different. The only similarities are they are quick into combat, and can take a while trusting other gems (though Obsidian trusts gems faster than Fossil) but that's pretty much where the similarities end.

And then there is Coral.

She, like Obsidian, used to be in the Authority, she was actually friends with a Pearl apparently. But,.she was still frowned apon by other gems. They thought that she would be a powerful soldier gem, but when she turned out not so strong, they just ignored her.

Aparently, when the rebellion began, The Diamond Authority had no room for useless gems, so they tried to kill her. But what Coral lacks in strength and flexibility, she gains in stealth. So, she got away without TOO much pain.

We found her, well, she found us when we were resting in an abandoned gem hut. We almost attacked her, but she got scared in a way that was so sincere, we stopped (it took a bit to convince Fossil not to attack)

And if you couldn't guess, she's now part of our team. And she's quiet like Obsidian, but in more of a shy way, because I'm don't think I told you, Obsidian is quiet as in mysterious.

So yeah, that's basically our team. We are preparing to show the Authority that we CAN fight, despite being different!

A/n welp that's the pilot of a steven univesre fanfic I think im going to make. I'll add more descriptions about the gems (weapons, gem location) in a little bit. But until then, Read ya Later.