Chapter Four- Brother

************************************************************************

"He's here!" I looked at my room door. He's here. Bryce is here. I accidentally dropped my bag of Doritos while getting off the bed and pouted. My food.

"Hey, little buddy." My attention returned to my brother, and I left down the steps. I made a right turn and stopped immediately in my tracks when I saw him. It's been a year in a half since I last saw my brother.

Bryce had a five o'clock shadow showing and he seemed much more buff. His green eyes rose up to my blue and a grin danced on his lips.

"Eri!" My 22-year-old brother walked over to me with open arms and I chuckled. His strong arms enveloped my average height body and he shook me from side to side. "My baby sister, oh how I've missed you."

I shoved the idiot off of me and placed my hands on my hips. "Excuse me but I am nowhere near being a baby." Bryce rolled his eyes.

"Whatever floats your boat." He spoke rudely.

"Jerk!" I screamed at him.

"Fish face!" He replied back.

"Ugly son of a bïtch!"

"Fücker!"

"Asswipe!"

"Short prude!"

"Cockblocker!"

Both Bryce and I faced our little brother. He stood there with a toothy smile not knowing what the word meant. "Not this again."

"Where'd you learn that, Bud?" Bryce squatted down to Carter's level.

"Uh, at the movie theater." My older brother looked at me questionably.

"There was this guy..." I nervously laughed. Bryce's eyebrows arched up and he stood.

"What guy?" Oh, here we go. I sighed.

"This new guy at school. He just so happened to be at the theaters when we went but it's no big deal, Bry." Bryce slowly walked over to me intimidatingly.

"What's. His. Name?" I gulped. Okay, so my brother was a pretty chill guy. He joked around a lot and was the peacemaker in our family. Although he was all of those things, he was also pretty scary when he wanted to be. His normal light green eyes were dark and cold.

Did I forget to mention he's overprotective? Ever since my last boyfriend, Bryce became more cold towards the guys I spoke to so I just gave up speaking to them. That's part of the reason why I'm like this now and always hiding. "V-Vince. Vince De Luca."

Something changed in my brother's eyes and he backed up. "Shit."

"Bry said a bad word." Carter announced. I bit my lip and told him to go upstairs. Without a protest, he went up willingly. My eyes traveled back to my deep in thought sibling.

"Bryce? What does that name mean?" He continued to mutter incoherent words to himself while pacing in front of me. "Dad freaked out when I said it to him last week." That definitely pulled him out of it.

"Dad knew? Why didn't he tell me?" The last one he said to himself. Bryce's green eyes found mine and a stressful look crossed his face. "Eris, I think we need to talk."

"What about?" My voice cracked and Bryce tilted his head to the side. "Bryce, answer me."

"It's about the guy you know as Vince. Whatever he's told you is a lie. Completely." I frowned. My older sibling grabbed my arm and pulled me up to my room. He pushed me onto the bed then sat in my desk chair. "Tell me about him. Everything you know."