Nine.

A/N: I haven't got any comments for a while :( is this book not good? Ahh I'm all self conscious now :O

Are you still here?

"We need to talk to you." I mumbled as Kai, Devin and I all crowded around the kitchen table.

Devin looked suspicious, and narrowed his eyes. "Did you guys kiss behind my back?"

"What? No, dude!" Kai shook his head quickly. "We're speaking to you about just the opposite."

"Well... We feel like you're getting really paranoid of Kai and I's friendship. Other people have noticed it to." I said softly.

"What...? Well... I guess you guys kinda do... Umm... Act all flirty." Devin raised his eyebrows, looking a little guilty.

"No we don't!" Kai looked really annoyed. "I've loved Ashley for almost my entire life! Why would I cheat on her like that?"

"Yeah, and why would I cheat on you?" I asked. "You're perfect and you saved my life."

"Oh, guys. I'm sorry." Devin looked really disappointed in himself. "Man, fuck it! I'm such a damn fuck up!"

"Its fine. Don't freak." Kai seemed to calm down a little. "Still friends?"

"Best friends." Devin smiled and hugged us both.

Wow. Looks like he feels a lot better. Maybe he could be being fake. I know a lot about fake happiness. Ugh, he's fine. I'm just being a pecimist.

When we pulled away from the hug, I felt a warm butterfly feeling in chest. Fake or not, I'd missed Devin's happiness, so I was welcoming it with open arms.

His hands moved to my chin, and he pulled me in for a gentle kiss. I blushed and as he moved away I looked at the ground.

I still get the feeling I did when he first kissed me.

Kai smiled at me and ruffled my hair. "You're so shy. He's your boyfriend, silly."

I giggled and Devin slipped his hand into mine. "Let's go see what the others are doing."

We walked upstairs and poked our head around Ashley and Kai's bedroom door. "Hola." Ashley called out. "Come join us."

Kai went over to her like a lost dog and Devin and I sat on the end of the bed.

"We were just talking. What were you guys doing?" Adrianna asked.

"Oh... Just talking." Kai looked nervously up at Devin.

Devin grinned and patted me on the head.

Wow. I love these guys so much. But although everything feels optimistic now, I have a feeling we're nowhere near the clear.

Absolutely nowhere.