Chapter Two

Disclaimer: I own Nothing

"Waking up at the start of the end of the world,
And it feeling just like ever other morning before,
And I wonder what my life is going to mean when it come."

MatchBox 20- How far we've come
~~~~~~

19th September 1990

Hermione Granger had lived a seemingly simple life. Though being home schooled had its disadvantages, the main one being that the young girl had a severe lacking when it came to the friendship area. The beautiful young blonde was intelligent beyond her years and fiercely independent.

Her parents Helen and Richard Granger were owners of a branch of dental practises that spanned over Britain meaning Hermione had been brought up with a certain grace that could only be achieved by someone who had grown up with money. Not that you would know it. Richard and Helen, though making sure their child wanted for nothing (and usually that want was for books) had drilled into the child that she must never take what she was given for granted.

Humbled by her parents the girl albeit polite and well spoken behaved like any other child her age. Her heritage truly shined through when her parents hosted their annual Galas in the ball room two floors below.

Waking up the young girl set to work on her daily routine. Making her bed and entering her bathroom, she freshened up and was about to dress for the day when she decided that just this once, perhaps she'd stay in her pyjamas. It was her birthday after all. She regretted her decision almost immediately as she traipsed into the kitchen in small shorts and a tank top that had little bears all over them and was greeted by the sight of three blonde people staring back at her.

She froze in the door way and looked to her parents, the small smiles on their faces looked pained and Hermione suddenly felt a panic spread through her. Looking back at the intruders she took a moment to really look them over. A man and a woman stood by the breakfast bar, the woman's arm looped through his and her knuckles almost white from where she seemed to be gripping the mans biceps tightly. She was beautiful. Tall with long straight white hair that had been tight back in an elegant twist. Her piercing grey eyes seemed reminiscent of a storm as emotions flew through them.

Next to her the man smiled down at Hermione, tears filling his eyes. He was just as elegant as the woman, Hermione assumed his wife, next to him. The couple reeked wealth and social standing. It was not the couple that held her gaze for long though but the boy who was standing behind them a shocked expression on his face as he stared at her.

He had white blonde hair and silver eyes and the moment the two children's eyes met Hermione felt a tugging inside of her. Like a silver cord was tying the two together. She felt as if suddenly she was complete. A missing piece of her very soul, that she had never know was gone, returned.

"Happy birthday Hermione" her mother whispered. Looking at the young girl who looked as if she had truly woken up for the first time in her life.

"I don't understand" Hermione said, her voice was shaking, thoughts of being embarrassed of her teddy bear pyjamas had flown from her mind and all she could do was wonder why these strangers were standing in her kitchen and why... They looked so much like her. The boy seemed to be looking at her with the same confusion and she couldn't help but wonder if he had felt it too, the connection. Without even realising it she was walking forward until she was stood right in front of him. Hesitantly she reached out and touched the side of his face as if confirming he was real. "I don't understand" she repeated.

"My name is Narcissa Malfoy" the woman began to speak, finally letting go of her husbands arm and lowering herself down until she was eye level with Hermione. Grey eyes meeting silver. "Many years ago I fell pregnant with twins" she reached out and took hold of the boys hand and pulled him slightly until he stood shoulder to shoulder with the girl who would have looked exactly like him had they not been different genders.