Part 9- Leave the Past in the Past

Lisa POV

It took a butt load of will power to leave Grant in Miami. Leaving him entangled in bed sheets looking at me with hungry eyes made me want to cancel my flight to Atlanta. He has an insatiable appetite.

The past two days of sleeping and waking up in his arms made me want to just say fuck the wedding and just elope. I had wanted to spend time with him and then he surprises me with two full days of passion and romance. It was just what the doctor ordered.

I boarded the commercial flight to Atlanta making last minute calls to the office to make sure all the finally paperwork for the Trezon's file was completed. Jamie had everything overnighted to the hotel so I would be able to review before our meeting.

The non-stop flight from Miami to Atlanta wasn't that long. Although I had a funny feeling that something wasn't right. I disembarked off the plane and headed to the transportation area. I didn't have any bags because my adorable fiancé swept me off my feet leaving me no time to pack. I was only granted to wear lacey lingerie the entire time in Miami. I looked down at the tennis bracelet, reminiscing about our getaway.

I stepped out into the hot and humid weather when the limo service had arrived. The driver that I recognized as Jack opened the car door for me. As I proceeded to get in I felt a chill down my spine. It felt like someone was watching me. My sixth scent kicked in as I looked around.

"Ms. Garrett are you ok?", Jack asked me, looking a little concerned and confused.

"Oh...Yes, I'm fine, just got a chill."

I entered the vehicle without any farther delay.

Twenty minutes later, we pulled up to the Ritz and Jack came around to open my door. " Ms. Garrett I will be back to get you in the morning for 10am to take you to Trezon's Pharmaceuticals. Is there anything else you need?"

"I'm good Jack. Thank you again and I will see you in the morning."

I walked into the hotel. The Ritz was buzzing with excitement with people from all walks of life. I waited in line awaiting my turn when another weird sensation had my head looking left then right. As I turned around in my spot nothing out of the ordinary caught me eye.

"Hello, how may I help you today?" The young hotel clerk asked.

"Hello, I have a reservation for Lisa Garrett."

"Just a second while I find it. Oh, here we go. I have you down for three days. We have you in Suite 1725. Here is your key and your reservations are scheduled for 6pm at Cafe Demond."

"Thank you."

There was a small boutique at the end of the first floor corridor. Peering through the window I noticed a few cute things and decided to go in.

"Welcome," the older lady said. She looked to be in her late fifties or sixties. She was wearing a nice pantsuit with black one pumps.

"How may I help you today?"

"I was looking in the window and noticed a couple dresses I may be interested in purchasing. I'm a size eight and I was looking at the blue, black and green dresses."

"We'll let's see what we have."

I walked around admiring the jewelry when she brought the dresses for me to try on. I headed to the dressing room and tried them on. I liked the way the black dress hugged my body and the dark green dress was classy to where to my meeting in the morning. I purchased the two dresses along with a couple bracelets.

"Thank you for shopping with us and I hope you enjoy your stay."

I said "thank you" as I grabbed my bags. Walking out the store my spidey senses were going hay-wired. I looked around my surroundings and still nothing out of the ordinary.

I proceeded to the elevator and pressed the button. The doors opened up and a crowd emptied the elevator.

I walked in and before the door closed I heard someone speak.

"Can you hold the doors please."

That voice, oh no, as I looked up the Devil himself was standing in front of me. It had been two years since I heard that voice. That voice haunted my dreams for years.

"My, my, my look at you. It's been a while. It seems that you ran away from me, but it looks like my luck has just changed."

My heart dropped to my feet. This man was the epiphany of evil. My feet were glued to the floor. My heart was pounding and I could feel myself going faint. "What are you doing here Rick?" I managed to say in a not so calm voice.

"I should be asking you the same question. You left without a note or phone call. I was so worried about you, my angel."

I could feel the bile in my throat. This man made my skin crawl. The things he did to me no one should ever endure. "Leave me alone Rick or I will call the police. If you touch me I will have your ass thrown in jail. Remember I still have a restraining order against you. I thought I buried your ass in New Orleans."

"Ah babe, don't be like that. You know you still love me. Girl we were meant to be together. I forgive for what you did to me. That was the past, I see a brighter future for us." He said whispering in my ear.

"I thought you were dead. I buried you, I saw you lowered in the ground." My mind was racing thinking back to the worst day of my lift.

His breath and words had me cringing. How long does it take to get to the seventeenth floor? Damn no one has gotten on this elevator since I got on. At that very moment the elevator dinged. I ran out as quickly as I could never looking back. God help me, but my worst nightmare had returned.