Chapter 3

Tempest frowned and turned when she felt a large hand rest on her shoulder. Confusion was clearly displayed on her face as she looked up at Theo's determined face, rather than look down at her though, Theo was staring above her head. She turned and focused on what he was staring at, Miles. Miles though was oblivious to the fact that Tempest and Theo were no longer following him and had continued to walk through the snow covered forest. Looking up Tempest could see the sky starting to lighten, no longer the pitch black  darkness that had covered the sky since she awoke to see all that she knew be devoured in black flames. In the distance she could hear the sound of a Hooter as it prepared to go into sleep for the oncoming day.

"Miles," Theo's voice was cold as if he was angry, the harshness of his tone snapped Tempest from her thoughts forcing her to focus on her two companions. "We need to stop and rest, we've been walking all night."

Miles turned and faced Theo, eyes flashing with rage at being ordered around, he opened his mouth to say something but then his eyes flickered to Tempest, "Your right. Rest is a good idea."

"Wait," Both guys turned towards her, Theo's eyes widening at the fact that she had spoken for the first time all night, "You guys aren't stopping because of me, right?" The silence was enough of an answer for Tempest and she felt her skin heat with anger, "That's not fair! I can walk just as long and just as far as the two of you!"

Miles smirked at her and walked over to her patting her shoulder lightly, "Sure, sure you can Temper."

"Temper?! You did not just call me Temper." Flames danced on her fingers as her rage spiked.

Miles chuckled and held his hands up in a sign of mock surrender, "Sorry, sorry." he smirked before continuing, "Temper."

Within a moment Tempest had launched herself at Miles, her hands aflame as she pushed Miles to the ground. Snow flurries rose around them like a puff of feathers as Miles slammed into the ground. Miles' own temper rose and he pushed her off of him flames appearing on his own hand. Before he could attack her though, Theo had wrapped his hands around her waist and pulled her to her feet. Tempest narrowed her eyes at Miles and made another lunge for him only to be stopped by Theo, who was still holding on to her waist.

"THEO! Let me go!" Tempest hissed her eyes flashing with rage.

Miles rose to his feet and brushed the snow off his pants shooting an arrogant smirk towards her, "Yeesh Theo, I would think you would be able to keep a tighter leash on that animal of yours."

Tempest snarled and a fireball left her mouth launching towards Miles, who quickly caught it the flames sputtering before dying. Theo sighed and shook his head setting Tempest on her feet behind him, making sure to stand between the two enemies. Tempest crossed her arms over her chest glaring at Miles who was leaning against a tree and smirking. Theo looked over his shoulder at Tempest and then turned towards Miles glaring at him.

"What the Hell?" He asked staring at a shocked Miles.

Miles quickly recovered, "What do you mean? She started it!"

"Miles! This is no time to jump at her throat!"

"Why aren't you yelling at her?!"

At this Theo fell silent and shot Miles a look before turning on his heel and grunting under his breath, "It's time to make a camp."

Tempest frowned her rage vanishing along with the flames that decorated her hands. Taking a deep breath she sighed, her breath white in the cold air. She smirked at Miles before turning and following Theo deeper into the trees. Why did he always have to be such a jerk? Why couldn't he ever just leave her alone? Tempest blinked in surprise seeing Theo take a couple sleeping bags out of the bag he had been carrying. Was he carrying a bag the whole time? Why didn't he ask for anyone else to take a turn? Surely the bags were heavy.