9. Slumber Party: Ruined

Juvia's P.O.V

The car ride back to the dorms was filled with cheerful voices and laughter. We had just posted on Facebook that the boys were at the mall. They must be surrounded by hoards of fangirls by now. Even though on the outside I was laughing, on the inside I was actually breaking down. Seeing Gray just made me so mad, sad, angry, and hurt. I felt every one of the emotions from that day, just as clear as if I was reliving it. Reliving that nightmare. Reliving the day he rejected me.

~Flashback: 2 years ago~

Drip, drip, drop. Drip, drip, drop. Juvia is the rain woman. Back then, I would always bring rain wherever I went, and was thus known as the rain woman. I was hated on by others because it would always rain when I was around. I had never seen the sun and lived in the rain my whole life. I enrolled in phantom Lord because Headmaster Jose didn't mind my rain and accepted me. I became one of the Element 4, a group of students that excelled in both studies and martial arts.

During the 'war' with Fairy Tail, I fought against Gray Fullbuster, and lost. I was about to fall off the roof of the school, when I felt a strong hand grab mine. I looked up to see that he had saved me.

"Dont let go of my hand! I'm not letting you fall!" he shouted, pulling me up.

I layed on the roof, Gray-sama sitting next to me. "Why did you save Juvia?" I asked.

"Beats me. Anyway, get some sleep," he said.

'Why did he...' I thought. I started to cry, and then the clouds cleared, and I felt an indescribable warmth hitting my body. A warm light. It was so bright. I had never seen anything like it before. "Huh? The rain has stopped...?"

"Oh, it's finally clearing up," he said, looking up.

"These are... clear skies... I've never seen them before." I said, tears brimming my eyes.

"Really?" he asked, looking at me, surprised. He chucked a bit. "Nice, huh? Clear skies are great."

I saw a flock of birds flying past. "Yes... they're beautiful, truly..."

After that, I passed out, but when I came to, I heard news that Phantom Lord was shut down. 'So that must mean Fairy Tail won,' I thought with a sad smile. I had nowhere to go, so I decided to go to Fairy Tail with Gray-sama. I found out that Gajeel-kun had nowhere to go as well, so I invited him to come with me, which he reluctantly accepted with a push from Fairy Tail's headmaster. I entered Fairy Tail and met Gray-sama and his friends. I admired him, and maybe even liked him a little, so I would always follow him and watch his every move. One day, I decided to finally confess my feelings to him.

~Flashback: 1 year ago~

"Gray-sama"

"Hm, what is it Juvia?"

"Um, Juvia just wants to say, Gray-sama, Juvia likes you, no, loves you. Will Gray-sama go out with Juvia?" I said, bowing and closing my eyes, bracing myself for his answer.

"No"

"Eh?" I asked, eyes wide open.

"I said, no," he said coldly.

"B-but, why?" I stammered, lifting my head.

"Do you even have to ask? You're clingy, persistent, a creepy stalker who speaks in first-person, and not to mention annoying. Who would love a girl like you?"

I started to cry. He didn't like me. He thought that I was annoying. Clouds started to form overhead and I knew it was my fault, but I didn't care.