CHAPTER 4 Things went from normal to just plain strange.

Carter POV

    I watch her run away. I sigh and get back in the car, buckle my self and rub my temples. We sit in silence before Liha yells at me. "What the fudge were you thinking?!" 

She starts to drive. "Sorry. I couldn't help my self." I tell her innocently. "Don't do it again. She thinks you're a horrid person." I look at her in disbelief. "You read her mind!?" I yell. 

  " you deserve it. Plus, girls always tell their friends what they're thinking, she would have told me eventually." She says with a shrug. "Fine." I sigh in defeat.

Damien's POV

  "Come in." I croak. The door opens and Julia comes in. I quickly wipe my face and hold my arms out. She runs into my arms and sighs. "Why were you crying?" She asks in a soft voice. 

  I sigh. "It's complicated." I tell her. "I may be 6 and not know these things like Amber but I can listen." Julia the 6 six year old is going to listen to my life story. "Okay, but you can't tell anyone." I tell her. She nods. "Promise."

  "So I went to the mall and Liha and I ran into her brother Carter and let says he's... A flirt." I looked down at her, she was nodding like she understood what I was saying. "Like a player." She says. I look at her in shock. "How do you know that word?" I  ask. "When Amber gets upset at her boyfriends she yell and calls them a player, then throws her phone. Good thing John has a good instinct." She tells me.

  "Okay, I'll have to talk to her. Any way, when they dropped me off he.. Kissed me." She smiles at me. "Is he cute?" She asks excitedly. "Yes. But I'm not looking for a boyfriend." I tell her. "Because your focusing on art." She says matter of factly. "Come on. Time for dinner." I carry her down and sit down to eat the lasagna.

<later that night> 

   I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. I had just put Julia down to bed and then Talked with Amber. I got a text from Liha.

Liha: Could you come over tomorrow?

Damien: Sure, could you pick me up?

Liha: Awesome, see you at 3:00

Damien: Bye

Looks like tomorrow is filled. Let's hope I don't run into Carter. I sighed and closed my eye's.

<Sunday>

Beeeep!

   "Huh?" I look at my phone. 2:58. Pm.  "What?!" I scramble to my window. Liha's in her car parked outside. How did she know I lived here?  Whatever. "How could,I have slept in till 2:58?" I mumble while I get dressed. There's a knock on my door. "Come in!" I yell to them. Liha walks in with a confused look.

   "Are you just waking up?" She asks. I give her a shy smile. "Maybe? Okay yes." She looks up at my head. My hand flys to my hair. "You've got blue/ teal hair." She states the obvious. "Yeah, about that.." She shakes her head. "No time. We're having a bbq at my place and we're going to be late." She goes to my closet and starts picking out clothes. 

   "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I asks with a frown. "You're meeting my family and stuff... So you need to look nice." She tells me. "But why that?" She has the only dress I own out. "You'll see." She sings. "Fine. But I'm not wearing a dress." I tell her, shaking my head. "Okay..... This." She pulls out a red leather jacket, a white shirt that says Rebel Of The Ball, blue jeans and a pair of black leather boots with gold clasps. "Deal." I say and  grab them and get ready.