Something's Are Best Left Unspoken

COPYRIGHT 2013

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

SOMETHING'S ARE BEST LEFT UNSPOKEN

Most things are best left unspoken. Like the argument your parents had, and you weren't meant to hear it. Or that you hate One Direction.  

But somethings. Something's, you know you shouldn't ask... But you can't help it. You need to know.  

The question I asked Daffy falls into the latter category.

-------

It was another sunny, Sunday afternoon, me laying stretched out on the bank, and Daffy playing like a little kid in the water.  

My eyes were closed, and I squeezed them closer still as if I could block out the annoyance I'd get from Daff, but I had to know, the fire of my curiosity could not be doused by the water of time.  

"Where do you go after we meet?" There was silence.  

And more silence.  

Eventually, I raised my head up to see if she was actually still there. She pursed her lips and glared at me. By now, I knew that Daffy did not like talking about the differences between us.  

"Where do you go?" She asked me stonily.  

"Well, I go to my house. It's big, white, above water and... My home." I smiled. 

"I have a home too." She whispered to me, her face softening, her eyes full of tears. I must admit, she was confusing me- anger, sadness, what next? 

"No Daffy! Daff, I didn't mean to make you cry! You don't have to answer me..." The Water Nymph laughed at me. 

"I have a home too. It's just underwater, and it's hidden by an enchantment. Not that Water Nymphs needed to hide much until..." 

"Don't you get caught on camera or something?" 

"We have done before, most of the time the image was grainy, so people thought it was forged." 

"Oh. Wait, you never answered my question." Daffy laughed nervously, but she knew I wouldn't give up without a fight.  

"I don't want to tell you were we go. I cant. It's forbidden to tell a human." I did feel a little hurt at that.  

"Oh." Something's are best left unspoken.

*******

Hey, guys. This is the author here ;) this wasn't the best chapter but, please tell me what you thing of the whole book! Thanks ;)