Chapter 13

Lily came home with us and returned to school the next day.

The only problem was that since Charlize and Ethan had taken over the house that Lily and Lloyd had previously been in, they had nowhere to stay for the rest of the experiment.

So where did they stay you ask?

Well, Klaudia and whoever she was with (I still don't know his name...) had proved that the theory can be wrong. They practically hated each other. And by hate I mean they had full on fights and stuff.... So they moved out, and Lily and Lloyd moved into that house.

And we all lived happily ever after.

Or at least, we thought we would.
But remember, Beth joined our school quite soon after.

Yeah, I know that sounds like a good thing, but actually... It wasn't.

"Hi Beth!" I said to her when she arrived.

"Hi Phoebe!" she said joyfully.

Beth's pov.
Uh. I really didn't want to be here. Why did I have to join Klaudia's stupid school?

"Hi Beth!" Phoebe said to me.

Oh great, now I had to pretend I actually liked her.

"Hi Phoebe!" I said back, trying to sound as joyful as I could, when really I just wanted to kick her in the face.

"Are you excited about joining our school?" Phoebe's friend Charlize asked.

"Yeah! I really like all of you guys, I hope you'll make me feel at home," I lied sweetly. "It looks like a great place."

"Oh it is," Chloe said.

I highly doubted that.

It definitely wouldn't be while I was there..

I was going to make trouble.

Big trouble.

•••

Phoebe's pov.
Klaudia, Charlize and Chloe and I were asked by Miss Atkinson to show Beth around, so we got to miss our first two lessons.

It was quite fun going around school showing Beth all the classrooms and other parts of the school. Obviously if there were people in there, we didn't go in, but we explained to her what each room was for and we looked at them from the outside.

"...and this is the dining hall," Chloe said before the bell rang for break.

"Guys is it okay if I just go see Alfie?" I asked. "He's probably wondering where I am."

"Sure," Charlize smiled. "We'll look after Beth."

Beth smiled and giggled as I waved to them and ran off a bit.

I spotted Alfie and crept up behind him. "Boo!"

"Hey," he said, spinning around to face me and kissing my cheek quickly.

"Where've you been?" he asked, tucking a stray hair behind my ear.

I knew he would ask.

"Showing Beth around," I explained. "Miss Atkinson asked me to."

"Ah," Alfie said.

"Oh hey guys," Thomas said, coming up to us. "How are you?"

"I'm good thanks," I told Thomas, turning to face him instead of Alfie. "What about you, Tom?"

"I'm great," Thomas told me.

Alfie scowled. "Phoebe?"

I turned to face him. "What, Alfie?"

"Do you mind?" he asked sharply.

Now it was my turn to scowl. What was the matter with him? Two minutes ago, he moved that strand of hair as if he was completely content with me. And now he was suddenly angry.

"Can I not talk to people?" I fired back, almost as sharply as he'd asked the question.

"Well Thomas is a boy."

"No really?!" I gasped sarcastically. "I know I wear glasses Alfie, but my eyesight isn't that bad and I'm not that stupid."

"Uh guys?" Tom asked nervously. "Should I... Should I go?"

Neither Alfie or I answered, we just stood staring at each other.

"Yeah... Yeah... I'll go," Tom decided, backing off slowly. "Uh bye," he added before breaking into a run.

I was still angry at Alfie. It was like fireworks of fury had exploded in my body and made me suddenly annoyed with him. But for some reason, those fireworks now seemed to be stopping, and they were breaking. (A/N: What even is that metaphor/simile... I'm so sorry.) I was more scared now.

"Alfie?" I asked quietly.

Alfie sensed the change of tone in my voice and he relaxed a little and stopped glaring at me so intensely.

He obviously wasn't going to answer, so I just sighed and continued, "I'm sorry."

Alfie sighed too. "No, I'm the one who should be sorry. You're allowed to talk to whoever you want. You weren't flirting with Tom or anything, so I shouldn't have stopped you. I just... I get scared that you're going to leave me. For someone else. Maybe Tom, maybe someone totally different. I just don't want to lose you."

"You won't," I promise. "Trust me."

A/N: So unicorns, like I said earlier, I'm really sorry for putting this story on hold for a while. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter and... Yeah.

XxPhoebexX