Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I woke up from my nap trying to get up but I couldn’t I look down and see Chris arm wrapped around me. I tried to get up without waking him up but he holds me tighter and says "where are you going." I said "to the restroom." He lets me go, I get up and go to the restroom. After I took care of my business and washed my hands I stood there looking in the mirror talking to myself. "Journey what the fuck are you doing, you just going to forgive him that quickly." I shake my head and walked back to the room. Chris is sitting on the side of the bed on his phone texting. I grab my shoes and slipped them on the other side of the bed. Chris ask "why are you so quiet J and why you sitting way over there." I sigh, "I don’t want to rush things we need to take our time and work on our friendship and I don’t trust you at all, to be honest I don’t know where to go from here. I don’t know why I miss you so much. Ugh you drive me crazy. I try to stay mad at you but I can’t I never been so hurt. Hell I’m not even the same person anymore that I use to be." I didn’t realize I was crying until Chris got up and wiped my tears away saying, "I know what I did is wrong Journey and there is no excuse for it I handle that situation poorly if I could go back to that night and changed everything I did and said to you out of anger I would." I frowned as I said "you know what hurt the most is you fucking that bitch and knowing I was there I would have never done anything like that to you. I understand I hurt you and you felt like I lead you on; I promise on my life that I really do care about you and I don’t think we are ready for a relationship and I just feel like I’m holding you back." Chris sighs "Journey I’m so sorry I don’t know what else to say, I want you and I miss you like crazy. I know its only been three weeks but it was the worse three weeks of my life. Let me prove to you that you can trust me and that I am still the Christopher Maurice Brown that you fell for". I sighed "Chris just give me time and we will see how things go ok, but I’m going back downstairs to check on Nicole."

As I turn to leave he calls my name and then said never mind. I turned back around an walked out the door. As I head downstairs I hear voices coming from the kitchen. I walked in to see if Nicole and Wayne are in there. I didn’t see them and I asked the guys that are standing around talking do they know where Nicole and Wayne went to they said they left about and hour ago to go eat lunch. I said ok thanks and walked out of the kitchen. I head back up stairs to grab my keys and purse and go grab me some lunch as I walk through the door I see Chris is still in my room. I clear my throat and he looks up. I said "what are you still doing in here." He sighs "just thinking." I said "about what?" He said "us, me, and other things." I said oh and grabbed my purse and keys as I was about to head out of the door. Chris ask me where I was going. I said "to go get something to eat." He said "can I come with you?" I said I didn’t care. As we walked downstairs one of Chris entourage asked where he was going. He said "I’m heading out with Journey to grab some lunch we will be back in a little bit." As we walked out the door I put on my shades on and unlocked my car door Chris asked me if I wanted him to drive. I said nobody touches my baby but me. He said whatever. I said but no I’ll drive. He shrugged ok fine. As we got in he asked where did I want to go eat I said lets go to Paulie’s. He said sounds good.

We drove in awkward silence at first until Chris turned on my radio and started singing at the top of his lungs. I started laughing "really Chris please stop I know you can sing and all but boo don’t strain your voice." It was just what we needed to break the ice. We was just laughing and having a great time. I missed this a lot. Chris asked me what was wrong cause I got quiet. I told him nothing. He said come on Journey tell me. I sighed "I miss this us having fun with yo goofy ass". Chris laughs "I know J I miss talking to you on the phone I just miss your presence." I didn’t say anything as we pulled up into Paulie’s. I turned off the car we sat there for a second. I decided to change the subject because things was getting awkward again. I said "are you sure you going to be ok without your entourage to protect you." He laughs, "yes Journey we will be fine." I said ok really not believing him.