Chapter 23

I'm going to start dedicating chapters to people who post nice comments so if you want a chapter and a shoutout then comment something nice! ❤️

Back at Dawnclan, the other cats were rejoiced at Dewdrop's return. She was offered mice, feathers in her bedding, even the elders were cheerful. The orange cat lay down in her fluffed up, multilayered bedding and lowered her eyelids sleepily. Just when she thought she was about to get some sleep, Lilypaw leapt in, followed by Streampaw and Jigsawpaw, all smiling at her. They all had little items in their mouth.
"We brought you medals!" Streampaw declared with a muffled voice. Lilypaw dropped a white and pink orchard flower in front of her.
"For grace."
Jigsawpaw stepped forward as his sister stepped back and dropped a long, golden feather.
"For courage."
Finally, the remaining gray kitten lowered a curled vine with a flower bud.
"For finding your way home."
The kits disappeared, leaving Dewdrop alone with their gifts. Moltenstar strode in slowly, glancing at the 'medals' and smiling softly.
"I see they gave you your awards." He touched his tail to her shoulder for a few moments, silent. "You showed us all how strong a cat can really be. By being taken by ruthless intruders and returning to your Clan after only a few days is really something to be proud of. Dewdrop, you have proven yourself to DawnClan. I know you're tired but I'd like you to make your way up to High Ledge as quick as possible." The grey tom bowed his head in respect and walked out, calling a meeting.

Dewdrop sat next to Moltenstar, staring down on her Clan, emerald eyes meeting both Windwalker's and Darkstorm's.

"For being a worthy and respectful warrior, serving your Clan with your life and fighting to the death. Being cheerful in times of doubt and helpful in times if need. Saving a kit of another Clan's life when you were merely an apprentice yourself, and not thinking if yourself before anyone else's. Dewdrop I would like to offer you the rank if Clan Guardian. You must warn the clan if invaders coming towards us. To make sure everyone is alright and nothing is wrong. To aid anyone who needs to be aided and to be a kind, heroic figure for kits to come. The first Clan Guardian amongst all clans. Dewdrop. Do you accept my offer?"

There were mews from kits in the nursery, yowls of approval from apprentices and warriors, and purrs from elders. Dewdrop stared at her leader, of whom gestured with his tail to a mossy perch above the entrance to the camp. "I accept your offer, Moltenstar. I promise, I won't let you down."

After the ceremony, the cats recoiled back into their nests for the night, Dewdrop heading up to her new perch and staring at the nest that had been out there. It looked much like Moltenstar's nest, with moss, feathers, fur from prey and big white petals. It seemed very surreal to her. All she did was return from another camp, bumped into a few littles hitches, and she gets a rank that hadn't even been invented! Something sure didn't seem right about all this... But nevertheless, she curled up, tail over her eyes as usual, and drifted off to sleep.