Chapter 1: RIP

-Written in the point of view of Sonya Blade-

I shout orders to the other soldiers as I make my way toward my ex-husband. Cassie was already by his side. "Help is on the way." I inform Cage. He tells me about Cassie and her battle with Shinnok. "I believe it." I state, smiling proudly at my daughter. She smiles too and I turn back to Cage. "And you did a great job with your team, Johnny." I say. "Ya hear that Cass? She called me 'Johnny'." He points out, still smiling. "I thought she might." Cassie said.

All of the sudden, Raiden began to glow, rising from the stone ground. His eyes were yellow, rather than white, as he shot beams of electricity at the others.

"Raiden??" I exclaim. He immediately turns his attention towards me and shot electricity at me. I quickly dodge his attack. "What the hell has gotten into you??" I shout at him. I already knew though. He died saving Earthrealm, and is now dark. He shoots more electricity and I do my best to dodge the bright yellow and blue beams. He begins to get irritated and shoots more and more until I get struck and fall to the floor. Cassie runs to me. "Mom!" She yells. "C-Cass, get you're father and the others out of here... That's a-an order.." I command. She wipes tears from her cheeks "I-I can't just leave you!" She protests. I shake my head "You h-have to.." I tell her. She sniffles and hugs me. I return the hug "I-I'm so proud of you C-Cassie.. I love you." I say, holding back tears. "I love you too mom.." She says with a shaky voice. She gets up and runs to John, breaking him free of D'vorah's paste like, orange substance. Raiden electrocutes me multiple times as I groan and scream in pain. Jin had shot many arrows at Raiden, attempting to save me. It seems that Raiden had acquired a forcefield, protecting him from any attacks. I begin to see black spots as Raiden zaps me more. Cassie had gotten Johnny out and she tries to lead him towards the others. He kept trying to break free of our daughter's grasp, but in his weak state he was unable to do so. I laid there in agony while the building began to collapse. Cassie screams and rushes everyone out. I close my eyes and wait.

"Losses in war are... Are inevitable." I recall myself telling Raiden and Johnny after the battle with Shao Kahn.

"There was a time you cared more about your family than your job.. General."

General.

The way he spat that word out. I feel guilty for how things went. But it'll all be over soon. The guilt. The loss. All the pain will soon be gone. Maybe this is for the better. Johnny deserves a woman who actually pays the family any attention. Cassie deserves a mom who will always be there for her, not only when she is in danger. They deserve a better life. I open my eyes to see debris all around me. I look directly above me and see Dark Raiden. He smirks and zaps me one last time before all I see is black.

-Okay! That be it. Idk if imma keep this as a One-shot or if I'm gonna make it a whole story... Probably a story tho nobody will read this lol-