Define 'Business'

Was it 'Who' business? Was it some other business that I don't know about? I thought I knew Matt Smith. I knew him almost my entire life, but how is it that I wouldn't know what kind of business he runs. For God's sake he was simply a shop keeper until news of him as the Doctor came up.
I was so curious about business even after mom left and Matt came home. He walked through the door. He didn't stumble; he didn't fall. He wasn't drunk. He came into our bedroom with a huge smile.

"Hey my love."

"Hey Matt. I'm so glad you're home. Um.. I still don't know if you're drunk or not, but my mom found out I'm marrying you and not Harry, but umm... She's fine with it... And yeah.. Ummm." I stumbled. I didn't want to seem eager about the party or the phone call. Unfortunately Matt could tell when I was upset. He wrapped me up in his arms from behind me and kissed my cheeks.

"Something's wrong honey. What is it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about" I lied. But I realized he wasn't drunk at all. Not even a single scent of alcohol on his breath.

"Jack, I know when you're lying. You're going 'ummm.. And errrr' so what's wrong?"

I looked into those green eyes. Filled of worry and love. Eyes I have known since I was no younger than 5 years old. I couldn't lie to him. It was too difficult. I just couldn't.

'Um.. Matt, I tried calling you earlier, and umm.. Another woman answered and said you were doing 'business'"

"Business? The only business I had there was having a good time and trying to find my phone. I guess that must have been the same woman that gave it to me. I guess she just covered for me so you wouldn't get cross about me losing my phone" Matt said as he placed his hands on my knees; stroking them gently in silence. He just stared into my eyes. I was falling in love over and over again with the man I knew I was made to marry.

I felt it in my body that I needed his comfort. At least to know everything was going to be okay. I spoke up as he rested his hands on my stomach.

"Matt?"
"Yes love?"

"Promise me everything is going to be OK. That tomorrow is going to be the best day of our lives. No matter what happens tomorrow, even if things don't go according to planned, it won't stop us from loving eachother." I asked in tears.

"I promise Jack. No matter what, I will love you. I can't stop loving you. I couldn't if I tried. You are everything. I know I've ran off from things like the pregnancy and I'm sorry I wasn't there when the kids were born because I was 'dead'. I'm not making that mistake ever again. I choose this life with you. We've made it work. We've already made our life. Now is the next step. Baby. We're about to be working on our favorite TV show. We are going to be living our dreams together. It is your dream too right?"

"Of course it is"

"Then this is our life. God, you're so beautiful. Even though you gave birth to twins you still got a sexy little body there" Matt teased as he attacked my sides making me laugh.

"Ok. Ok. God I love you so much Matt. You are everything I always thought you would be" I sighed. All I could do was smile and kiss him. His arms wrapped me up tight. His voice was a seductive whisper.

"Do you want to fool around tonight or.. ?"

"Wow Matt. You really had to go there after a heartfelt moment. Why must you ruin my life?" I teased rubbing his bare chest. Damn he was sexy. I didn't know if it was a bad thing for the couple to make love the night before the wedding. I didn't really care. It was something him and I had done before many many times. Like hell, we had twins sleeping in another room.

There was complete silence when we made love. Just us connecting and enjoying giving ourselves to eachother. It felt good. As Matt laid next to me after he just stared at me.

"You ok Jack?"

"Always." I answered as I kissed his hand. We laid there naked in silence. I fell asleep in his arms. He stroked my hair as I drifted off to another world. My mind didn't worry about a damn thing. I was at peace. Happiness, love. I couldn't wait for tomorrow.