How to Get More Votes/Reads on Your Story Part. 2

1. This is just more of a suggestion, but don't make everyone in your story white, cisgender, or heterosexual. Stray away from stereotypes. Like if you're going to have your main character have a gay best friend, that gay best friend doesn't have to be flamboyant or loud and sassy to be interesting. I'm not saying theres anything wrong with being flamboyant Just break the stereotypes PLEASE.

2. Be descriptive, but don't be so descriptive that people lose track of what they're reading.

3. Up your vocabulary and always check spelling. I'm sorry, but if you continuously misspell a word, I usually stop reading, no matter how interesting it is. Use creative words to make it more interesting.

4. Since I'm not ever pressured by my readers to update because no one ever comments (thanks for that) I only write when I have ideas. If you start getting comments where people ask you update, you should set up a time every week or every couple of days where you write/update.

5. I've said this in Part 1, but if you have a quirky idea for a fanfiction that no one has ever used before, USE IT. Own that power of being the only one who doesn't write about Harry being the same as Christian Grey. Please.

6. I keep coming back to this, but create characters with depth and flaws. If you've ever read Eleanor and Park you would understand why I think Rainbow Rowell is way better than John Green. Rowell's characters are relatable because they aren't perfect.

7. Use themes of what many teens struggle with today like poverty, homelessness, mental illness, racism, transphobia, homophobia, and bullying. Make your story real, but if you have harsh elements such as rape, self harm, murder/blood/gore, or anything triggering, ALWAYS put a trigger warning before you write the chapter so people see what they're getting into. If you cause someone a panic attack or anxiety because you didn't warn them, you will feel awful. Plus, always be respectful about these subjects. I suggest if you are a white person that you don't write about racism if it's happening to one of your characters until you research it and know how you should execute it correctly. And just don't use the 'n' word or any racial slurs. Don't do it.

6. Smut: usually everyone's 'first time' is awkward. Make sex realistic. You aren't full of pleasure when you're getting virginity taken away. It hurts for some of us and you're usually sore even days after losing it, so don't say 'it only hurt a little and then I was fine' maybe that's the case for some people, but not everyone. It gives the girls and guys reading it on here an unrealistic expectation for sex. (Edit: lol sex isn't suppose to hurt the first time as long as your partner is doing everything correctly and taking care of you, when Harry Styles sleeps with you and you're a virgin, you shouldn't be in immense pain or bleed everywhere lmaoooo)

7. Create a playlist for the chapter on spotify or 8tracks for your readers.

8. Don't drag ideas on for too long. I'm reading a story right now where the two main characters didn't kiss until after twenty chapters. It's a great story, but you can't keep hiding what's obviously going to happen.

9. I'm just going to bring this up again: use a person of color as the main character. I really want to read a story where the main character isn't blonde and white. Please.

Disclaimer: I'm not telling you what to do, you're obviously reading this update because you want tips. These are suggestion, do whatever the hell you want, but I do know what I'm talking about sometimes.