chapter3: Ardent bracelets

Third person view

They took a few steps but then, Melody stopped. Blood shed in front of her and her hands were infront of her neck!

Lavi ran to her. A breaking sound was heard. Melody dropped her hands, there were two sides of a broken arrow there and blood, bleeding from the deep cut in her hands.

Lavi sighed out of relief. "Melo-chan. Are you all-" But he couldn't continue, cause a two sided blade was thrown to him. Fortunatelly, it didn't hit him- only made a scratch on his leg. And on the other side, Kanda was under a bullet rain. But as usual, he avoided most of it with Mugen.

Melody didn't stay still, she crossed her arms like a sign of multiplication. "Innocence activate." she said. Her bracelets- Ardent bracelets activated and shined in a silver color. she clapped her hands and put them on the ground. A circle shaped around them and a shield like dum covered them.

Kanda looked around "What is it?" He asked touching the dum, when a bullet hit it but it stayed there like stucking to it. Lavi spit a "wow" out before asking the same question as Kanda asked. "tch... who cares let us out, crappy!" Kanda said annoyed. "If you pay just alittle attention," she said ignoring the questions" you'll notice that there are at list five Akuma out there. Probably two level one or Level two and three Level threes!" she continued.

"So what? Let us go so that we can destroy them!"

Melody pointed to the shield "It's kind of shield that collects all of the things those Akuma shoot. When I disable the shield, it will throw all of them back to them. It will likely distroy the Level one and Level two, but not effective on Level threes. So just whe ever I disable it the only thing you need to do is to target the Level threes." Then she stood up, trying to hold her hands' weight.

"Then now we should attack when you say, right?" Lavi said while taking out Ozuchi Kozuchi.

"That's it." was the answer. "Then..." she took a deep breath.

"one..."

"Combo stamp: terrible lightning of heaven"

"two..."

"Second illusion blade: nigento"

"Now!" Melody gave the signal.

In the blink of an eye, the two level threes had been destroyed.

There was one more left now.

Melody opened her hands "niddle arch" and there were an arrow and an arch in her hands. She threw the arrow and the arrow hit the Akuma's head. She snapped her fingers and this Akuma was also destroyed.

Melody separated a part of the bandage from her whole bandages arms and neck, and wrapped around her still bleeding hands. They were ready to go now.

"Shall we leave now?" Asked Melody with an all-tired voice. They started walking away when they heard someone calling her.

"Exorcist-samaaaa." A childish voice called. The little boy, who Melody had saved, ran to her. Something was shining in his small hand. "Exorcist Melody-sama. You dropped this there." He handed over a necklace. Melody looked at it sadly and took it "Thank you." she smiled.

"Are we going?" A boy asked with a deep voice. "Yeah." replied Melody and turned to kanda.

The fast and steady steps slowed down.

The three exorcists, stopped infront of the place.

Melody looked at the huge gate infront of her. The places, where didn't remain so much good memories for her.

She took a deep breath bfore the name came to her mind.

"Dark Religious Organization"