No More Pretending

Knuckles, Rock, Tails, Sonic and Shadow all walked back to their cabin and got comfortable in their beds for their second last night there. Most were looking forward to go home. You can only take sleeping on a rickety, cold, wooden bed in the middle of the woods for so long. Sonic waited anxiously until about midnight, knowing Shadow would still be awake, playing on his iPad. Once he was sure everyone else was sound asleep he whispered down to Shadow. Shadow looked up at Sonic. "What?" Shadow whispered as quiet as possible, while still giving that tone of 'are you crazy why are you talking to me now?' "Come up here," Sonic said. "What? Are you insane?" Shadow asked. Sonic laughed, still trying to keep quiet. "No! Come up to my bed. I'm not tired," Sonic clarified. "Sonic, no way! Someone will see us," Shadow said. "No they won't, unless we keep talking to each other this far away, then they will wake up! Just fly up here," Sonic suggested. "I can't fly up there, that will make too much light," Shadow pointed out. "Fine, use the ladder. Knuckles sleeps like a rock anyway, you won't wake him," Sonic said. Shadow rolled his eyes. He stood up thinking 'I can't believe I'm about to do this.'
     As quiet as possible, Shadow climbed up the ladder leading to Sonic's bed. "Okay now lay down so no one sees you," Sonic said. Shadow laid his head down on Sonic's pillow. Sonic joined him and laid right beside him. Shadow laughed. "I hate you so much," he said. Sonic smirked. "I know you said not to mention it again but ..." "Oh yeah," Shadow said, remembering the promise he made to Sonic. "Sorry," Sonic said. "It's ok, I promised you I would tell you now," Shadow said. He took a deep breath and prepared himself to tell Sonic the truth. Sonic stared at him with his big green eyes, waiting for Shadow to start talking. Shadow smiled. "You're pressuring me," he said. Sonic laughed. "Don't worry, there's no rush," Sonic said, although he kind of was in a rush to hear what Shadow had to say. Shadow tried to think of a way to start the conversation, but nothing was coming out. "Look, all I wanted to say was that ... I ..." Shadow stuttered. He stared at Sonic's lips and wondered if he should just kiss him rather than speak. "Shadow are you okay?" Sonic asked. "No," Shadow said. Sonic chuckled. "It's okay, whatever it is," he smiled.
     With one quick move, Shadow pulled Sonic towards him, deciding it was much easier to show Sonic what he meant rather than try to explain it. He pressed his lips against Sonic's, and Sonic didn't hesitate to kiss him back. He didn't really know what was going on because he wasn't expecting this at all, but he went with it. He pulled Shadow into a second kiss, and then a third, and fourth. Eventually Shadow moved himself on top of Sonic. They continued kissing, trying to keep the noises down. "Mm," Sonic smiled through their kiss. "See Shadow I knew you liked me," he said. "Shut up no you didn't," Shadow laughed. Sonic laughed again and continued kissing Shadow. Sonic slipped his tongue in between Shadow's lips as they kissed. Shadow didn't know what he was supposed to do with it, but he did a good job of gently sucking it and causing a few moans from Sonic. "Mm ... Shadow," "Sonic shush! You're going to wake someone up," Shadow cut Sonic off. Sonic giggled. "I don't care," he said, pulling Shadow back into a kiss. Shadow kissed Sonic deeper as he wrapped his arms up around Shadow's shoulders. He let his tongue explore the inside of Sonic's mouth as they kissed, trying not to think about the fact that he didn't know what he was doing. Though Sonic would've never guessed. To Sonic, it felt like Shadow had kissed a million times before. He sucked on Shadow's tongue, and Shadow realized why Sonic liked it so much. As they continued, Sonic rolled over and got on top of Shadow, so he could dominate their kissing. He moved on from Shadow's lips and kissed down his shoulders and chest. As he moved down to Shadow's stomach, Shadow pulled up his head, bringing him back up to his face. He knew what would happen if he had allowed Sonic to go further down. Not ideal in a cabin with 18 other guys.
     They continued kissing until their lips couldn't take it anymore. They both felt physically tired and knew it was time to stop and get some sleep, something they had already been lacking. Sonic got off of Shadow and laid beside him. Neither of them said anything for a while, they just laid there and listened to the crickets outside. Sonic pulled the sheets off the bed, up and over himself and Shadow. "Sonic, I can't sleep here. Everyone will freak out when they wake up," Shadow said. "Oh yeah ..." Sonic frowned, "I forgot about them." Shadow smiled. "So ... do I still need to tell you or do you get it?" Sonic laughed. "I think I got it," he sighed. "But why didn't you tell me before? When I told you I liked you?" Sonic asked. "Well ... I guess I have a harder time admitting things like this than you do," Shadow replied, fiddling with the bed sheets. "Oh. Well you kind of crushed my heart and soul for a second," Sonic admitted. Shadow laughed. "You are so stupid Sonic," he said. "We were enemies ever since we met and then you act like the world is ending when you think I don't like you," Shadow said. "Shut up Shadow," Sonic said angrily. "I at least tried to be nice to you. You had no reason to hate me all these years," he said. "But I didn't hate you, Sonic. I thought I just proved that to you," Shadow reminded him. "No, well yeah, but you used to hate me," Sonic said. Shadow shook his head. "I never hated you. In fact, I have always loved everything about you. I only acted that way because I'm not good at handling my emotions. I've never felt this way about anyone else so I wanted to push you away and move on. But truthfully, I love how honest and egotistical you are. I think it's funny. Yet you're also protective and caring and sweet. I know you think of others and put them before yourself, but you don't expect any kind of reward for it. Everyone loves you, Sonic, and I always knew why ..." Shadow said, stopping himself. He had never heard himself say those words before. All the words that ever left his mouth towards Sonic was harshness. The nice ones always stuck around in his head. He had so much more to say, yet he couldn't let it out. "I just ... I know I haven't made you happy. But I will now. I promise," he finished. Sonic was smiling the entire time Shadow talked. "You know I have to say ... I really didn't think that that's how you felt about me. I really did think you hated me. Yet somehow all this time, I still liked you. A lot. I would always get butterflies whenever someone talked about you or whenever I saw you at school, but I tried to ignore it because I thought you would never want to even be my friend, nonetheless my-" "alright, alright, we all know I'm a jerk," Shadow interrupted Sonic's speech. Sonic laughed. "Ok, ok. Point being, I've been waiting for this since we met and I never thought it would happen. Now that it has happened ... It was so worth waiting for and ... I just ... well, you know," Sonic smirked. "Yeah," Shadow smirked back. Shadow held Sonic's waist and kissed him again. "I'm sorry I made you feel that way," he said. "It's okay ... I kind of deserved it," Sonic blushed. "Yeah, kind of," Shadow said, and kissed Sonic one more time, before quietly climbing back down the ladder and into his own bed. Although neither of them wanted to separate, they knew they had to. Now all they had to do was get through one more day of camp, pretending to hate each other.

{Sorry that this part took me a couple days to finish after I left the last chapter on a cliff hanger LOL ... This was mainly because my 6 year old cousin slept over at my house for 2 days and completely occupied my time wanting to play games and stuff, XD but also because I've never written a romance scene before in my life so I was afraid of making it sound awkward. O.O Hopefully it's not! It's my first one, so if it's too short, or too much, or not enough, or too awks ... bare with me. ^^' Thank you to everyone who is reading my story. This is my first official story on Wattpad so it means a lot to me to see that people are enjoying it! <3}