35

Its Friday, the most nervous day, for me, of them all. Today was the day I had my interview with California and Australia.

The day where these interviews will be the start line of my career.

"You ready?" I turn to Natasha, who was patiently waiting for me to finish my mental pep talk. "Yeah, I think..." I say slowly.

"Its gonna be ok, come on. Plus you look amazing who wouldn't want you at their college. And besides your look, your smart... Don't let anyone tell you the opposite."

I smiled and we headed downstairs.

"Bye Mom - Bye Dad!"

"Bye Sweetheart! May God guide you!" mother approaches. "What your mother said." Dad, kisses my forehead. He always knows how to cheer me up.

I hopped in the family car, Alex prayed and we headed to the towns coffee shop to meet up with Australia, then to the towns library with California.

Good thing was that they chose different times.

**

As I walled in, there was man waving at me. I guess he's the one. I approach the table, and he stands up to greet me.

"Hello, my name is Jerry, I'm going to interview you today." I smile, as he spoke with an Australian accent.

"So, What drawned you to send an application to our university?" He asked staring at me. My heart beating faster at every second. You can't blame me.

"Well... I read that you have amazing equipment, Great teachers, the Campus is... WoW ! Uh.. And Australia has so many different animals, so I guess that fits in to the veterinary picture."

"Nice, Nice.. Uh... Why do you want to be a veterinarian?"

"I have always loved animals, just the thought of the animals suffering gives me goosebumps. I have heard that in Brazil so many Cats and Dogs are abandoned on the streets, no home, no family, just plain garbage to eat, and I want to do my part in helping."

"WoW! Great! Uh... Well we will get back to you and I hope you get in!"

"Thank You!"

Wow. Just two questions. Never thought of an interview so fast. I got up and accompanied him outside. Alex and Natasha were sitting on a bench on the other side of the street. As I said goodbye to the nice man and crossed the street.

"So how did it go?" Natasha asked.

"Well, I guess answering two questions was enough." I replied smiling, and having a group hug.

"Well, there is still one hour till your next interview, what are we going to do?" Alex pondered. We looked at eachother and after a few minutes we decided to go to the park and walk around. Relax until the interview.

Sooth the tension.

"So... Alex any universities in mind?" I ask. He shakes his head. "How about you, what are you going to do, Natasha?"

"I don't know, but I'm thinking about Journalism."

"Nice, Me too, and Anthony's doing the same profession. And Andrew is going to do Photography."

As Natasha and Alex chatted, I started to invent some questions in my head and respond to them, so I can be at least a little prepared.