Prologue- Unedited

Immaturity.

"You're kidding me right?" She cried. He was being selfish. Wasn't he?

"It's not just raining Naomi, it's a fully storm! If you go, I'm telling Audrey that she can't pick you up last second again!" He was doing this to help both sisters. He didn't want to loose anyone because of the dangers.

"This is so unfair!!" All she wanted to do was visit her mum and dad at their grandparents house. To see them before she needed to start up school. It was, after all, the last day of summer.

"Nao... I just...I don't want anyone to get hu-"

"No." The last half of summer is when her parents left. They called often. But all three of the children missed them.

-

He wanted to help his sister. He didn't like to see her sad.

So he decided to agree when the rain finally calmed down, that they would get going. The eldest, Audrey, agreed to this, and the three of them waited patiently for the slow of the downpour.

When it did, they hadn't expected it to pick up again, 10 times harder.

-

The car screeched and the wheels cried against the cold, wet pavement, and it slipped onto its side, the debt in the side of the car from the collision thankfully not touching anyone due to seating arrangements. But not one of the three children could escape the flying glass, and the impact of the car flipping on its side, colliding with the mountain side.

-
When the kids had called that they were coming after the rain, the parents were ecstatic.

But when the rain stopped, and picked up harder than before, they started to worry for them, but knowing that the eldest was a safe driver gave them a small piece of comfort.

That is, until the children never came.

-

The first thing Naomi remembered when waking up in a white bed, was ignoring her brother. Then yelling his name in a panic.

The pierce of the yell, was enough to recall all of the blood, and the glass, and metal. The feeling of wanting to disappear when Naomi reached for her brother's red stained hand as it was quickly washed with the rain water, and the sound of their names being called.

"Audrey, Naomi, Damien!"
-

Audrey hated this. Damien was dead. Naomi was nearly fatally injured, and she suffered almost no injures what so ever. How I happened? Not even she knew.

She had been the first to be tackled by her parents, and she had been the first to watch be them cry over the news of her brother.

-

When Naomi found out she was devastated. Staying silent and only speaking if asked a question. And even then she was vague with her response.

Needless to say, she got to see her parents before the end of summer, and she didn't have to go to the first week of school.

But that isn't how anyone in the Shelks family looked at it.