Chapter Eight

"Matías hurry up or you won't have time for breakfast!" I yelled at my brother as I laid on buttered pancakes and a glass of orange juice on a plate. Hurrying down the stairs, he dropped his football gear at the bottom step and came into the kitchen. Sitting down at the breakfast bar, he began to eat his food.
I'd phoned my mother this morning when I'd woken up and it was safe to say I was officially grounded for the rest of my life. I don't blame her to be honest, it was stupid of me to get drunk when I had the responsibility on a ten year old child. Matías only had a vague memory of what had happened and my parents said to keep it that way. I'm glad I was intoxicated because I think I may have had some sort of nightmare if I could remember more of it.
A loud toot came from outside and I jumped in fright.
"That's my ride." My brother said, jumping down from the seat. Taking his last pancake; he grabbed his bag and quickly gave him a hug. I watched from the front door step as he climbed into the car and waved as he drove off.
My brother was such a nice little guy.

I decided I'd better shower before Liz showed up and so I left the dirty dishes in the sink and wandered through to my bedroom. Grabbing a towel and shutting my blinds, I headed into my bathroom and jumped into the shower. My body had slowly started to heal overnight but as soon as the hot water hit then it stung like a bitch.
I hissed in pain as I washed my hair and body, going over every little cut and bruise.
Turning off the shower, I stepped out and wrapped a fluffy white towel around me and one in my hair. As I opened the door back into my bedroom, all the steam was released and I got a gust of hot air.
As I dried myself off, I thought of what Luke had said last night. Maybe I had been too harsh? But he'd been 'too harsh' on me since I'd bloody moved here. I had every right to be angry. Didn't I?
Today didn't seem like a day for dressing nice and so I pulled on a simple pair of shorts and a t-shirt with some flip flops and tied my wet hair up into some sort of messy bun that resembled a birds nest.
I stared at myself in the mirror. Bruising had formed on my face, around the stitches and I had one black eye. My collar bones where also a deep shade of purple, with little spots of blue and green spots up and down my arms, and two big patches of painful black and blue bruises that looked like some kind of weird knee caps. I also had small cuts dotted all over me, my face and arms where the worse.
Pulling myself away from the horrific sight in front of me, I grabbed my purse, phone and keys and left my room. I should at least get Liz a bunch of flowers. The shop was only a few minutes away and it only took me fifteen minutes to get there, pick a bunch of roses, pay for them and come back.
I also bought a little card and stuck it in an envelope. Liz pulled up in her car just after noon and I prayed Luke wasn't with her. As I let her in I was glad to see he wasn't.
"These are for you." Handing her the flowers, she took them with a grin on her face.
"Oh dear, you didn't have to do such a thing." She smelled the roses before opening the card and reading it. "Oh how lovely. You really shouldn't have." Liz pulled me in for a hug and I squeezed her tightly back.
"It's the least I could do."
"Oh you're a friends of Luke's. I'd do anything for that boy, he's my baby." She grinned. I made her up a cup of coffee and we sat down in the living room where the sun was beating through the windows. Liz explained about my car and thank goodness most of my insurance would cover the damage but I definitely needed to get another job. My parents certainly would pay for the rest of the damage.
"Luke did explain a lot of what happened last night but I need to know from your side." Liz interrogated as she sipped on her coffee. "Start from when you even got into the car."
"Ugh well," suddenly I grew nervous, "well I had originally came to drop of something for my mum. And then we got invited to stay for the party. And Matías fell asleep downstairs but then my mother phoned and told us we needed to go home but I don't think she knew I was drunk. And so when I went to find my brother Luke asked where I was going." I decided not to burst Liz's bubble of her perfect son image, "and I told him I was going home. He told me I couldn't drive but he would take me home as he had nothing to drink. At first I told him it was fine but he insisted so we got my brother and left. In the car we got into an argument and I yelled at him. I distracted him from driving and all of a sudden this car came towards us and the we end up crashed at the side of the road."
"Luke told me pretty much the same thing."

/////

Liz didn't stay long after that. I think she was angry with Luke and also angry at me. But she was still relieved at the fact we were all okay. Matías had came home around five after going to football and his friends house and now he was sitting playing Xbox; leaving me alone with my nerves as I waited for the wrath of mum and dad

~~~~~~

Heyyyyyy guys sorry it's short again these are just filler chapter but I promise something exciting happens in the next chapter!

Anyway thank for for all the reads and don't forget to comment and vote! Thank you all so much!

-ImJustFabu