Chapter 16

Mia's pov
~~~~~~~~
Today was just like any other day at Canada's house. I was currently playing with Kuma on the floor in the living room. I was wearing a light pink jacket and some jean shorts.

Today is the end of August and soon it will become September. Fall will surely come sooner than I thought. I wonder how my parents are? And other people that I know. School would of started by now. Does anyone miss me? I bet my mom is worried, she's always worried for me-

I heard a knock on the door. I wonder who that could be? I stood up and walked to the door to answer it. I saw that it was Jessica. She had a bag in her right hand and a straight face.

"Hey Mia," she greeted. I smiled and bowed my head.

"Hi Jessica, what's up?" I asked. She sighed.

"...Do you think it's ok if I stay over for a bit?" I tilted my head in confusion. Why would she want to stay over here? Strange...

"Why?" I questioned. Jessica looked away from me.

"I rather not speak of it right now..." She mumbled.

"W-Well alright...but you staying here isn't my decision. It's Canada's so come in and I'll go ask him," I explained. Jessica entered the living room and sat on the couch as she put her bag down. Canada must of heard me open the door because I saw the Canadian walk downstairs.

"Oh, hi Jessica," Canada spoke while waving. Jessica waved back.

"Hey Canada," she replied, "Is it ok if I live with you and Mia for a bit. I'll at least be here for a week, so please?" Canada smiled softly and nodded.

"Sure, why not?" He uttered. Jessica sighed with relief.

"Thank you so much," she said. I was really curious on why she would want to stay here. Did something happen?

Canada looked at the clock we had in the living room and uttered, "I should probably start on dinner before it gets too late..." He then left and I was alone with Jessica. I gave her a 'I know your hiding something' look. She glared slightly at me before she looked away.

"I know that look, Mia..." She muttered while sighing.

"Well...are you keeping something from me?" I asked. Jessica took a deep breath and looked at me.

"Ok fine, but you cannot, and I mean CANNOT tell anyone...especially Ashton!" She exclaimed. I nodded, understanding every word she said.

"I won't tell, I promise," I replied. Jessica played with her hands and looked to the ground, her short, black hair covering part of her eyes.

"Ok...so, I've been having this weird feeling lately...I don't know how to explain it, but I feel kinda sick...it only happens when I get near America...maybe I'm allergic to him. But I have a feeling that this is what a crush is..." She groaned as she put her head in her hands. "I just don't know what to do..." I gave her a sad look.

"Jessica...at times like this I wish I have fallen in love before so I could tell you if what you are feeling is a crush or not...but I think you should just tell America what you're feeling and see what he says-"

"Hell no! I am not doing that!" She yelled at me. I sighed.

"Alright, I'm not going to force you. I'm just saying what I think is best in my opinion," I stated.

"I know...and I'm sorry it's just...I'm kinda...scared," Jessica said as she whispered the last word, like she was ashamed. I sat down next to her and gave her a hug.

"It's ok to be scared, Jessica," I explained as I let go of her, "Everyone gets scared." She grinned at me and nodded.

"Alright, you're right," Jessica uttered, "Thanks Mia." I smiled back.