Ice Skating!

{Annabelle}

My eyes snapped open as I felt somebody shaking my shoulder gently. I blinked a few times before realizing I was staring up at Blake. I was tucked in bed, underneath three layers of blankets, and I didn't know how I'd gotten here. Didn't I fall asleep on the couch last night?

"Blake?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah?" he responded, looking me in the eyes. I almost hid my face from him, because I knew I looked like crap in the mornings - but I'd gotten used to it since we were around each other so much.

"Why am I in my bed?" I was totally puzzled.

"Don't you remember?" he asked me, and I shook my head. "Hmm, you should. I tried to carry you, but you woke up anyways."

"Awwe, you carried me? That's so sweet," I gushed. I was happy to have him as a friend. "Thank you. I think you saved my back."

He laughed at that. "Yeah, I remembered. I hate it when you fall asleep on the couch. You always get a back ache, and then you won't quit whining." He winked at me then, to show me he was kidding.

"Hey, I don't whine," I defended myself. "Sometimes I pester, but I don't whine."

"Okay, you pester. But you also whine like a two-year-old." His bright smile gleamed down at me, and I couldn't help but smile too.

"Why did you wake me up?" I asked, once again confused. Maybe my brain just wasn't working today.

"I promised to take you ice skating, remember?"

My eyes widened and I could feel the grin coming over my face once again. "Oh yeah! Yay!" I hopped out of bed, sending a surprised Blake reeling backwards. I stripped my clothes off, not caring that he was right there, and changed into jeans and a t-shirt, putting a warm, white sweater over it. I then put on two layers of socks, because I remembered him telling me that I was going to need it.

Blake chuckled behind me. "Somebody's excited."

"Well why wouldn't I be?" I asked, smiling at him. "Just tell me right now, is it as much fun as it looks? I can't believe I'm finally going to go ice skating!" I did a little excited dance.

Blake laughed at me some more, coming to stand right in front of me as I awaited his answer. "Yeah, hun," he said, and I blushed a little at his endearing nickname. "It's as much fun as it looks."

"Yes!" I squealed, drawing out the "s." I rushed into the living room, fully prepared to leave until I realized I hadn't fed Cookie yet. I hurried to spoon out her mushy dog food from the can, and ended up splattering the counter with it instead. "Crap!" I said, trying to clean it up.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Annabelle," Blake said, grabbing my wrists as I was getting a paper towel to wipe it up. "Calm down. We don't have to be there right this minute. I just figured it might be nice if we could beat some of the crowd. It's fine, take your time." He chuckled then, low and sexy, releasing my wrists from his warm fingers to go pet Cookie, who was impatiently standing near my feet.

I exhaled a sigh, being dramatic. "Fine," I said, and I could feel a smile coming on. "I just really, really, really want to go! Like, now."

"I don't think the aliens will pick up the ice skating rink and drop it off in some random field in Nebraska while we're getting ready to leave. You can afford to slow down a little," he said sarcastically, standing up and grabbing a paper towel as well to help me clean up the nasty dog food.