19. The Break Up

DISCLAIMER: None of these characters are my own they all belong to the amazing, wonderful J.K Rowling. Also this plot isn't my own it belongs to Neiva.

I also want to say that because I'm back at school I might not have a lot of time to update but I'm doing it as much as I can! ;) see you soon - Em x

Every eye was upon the ceiling of the Great Hall, a flock of a dozen white birds had flown in, and were now encircling above them.

"What is that?" Seamus said trying to get a closer look.

The group of doves, flew and danced in a recited manner, making an 'ohhh' and 'ahhh' be drawn from the females in the school.

Come down, come down now, Harry thought not forgetting to block Hermione.

The teachers were getting up from their seats to get a better look. Except Dumbledore who had his chin propped up by his elbows.

Harry let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when he saw the doves dive down towards Hermione.

"There coming right at you!" Neville yelled. Hermione must have realised it too because she got up from her seat and took a few steps back.

She was the only one standing, all the attention was directed upon her. Her instincts made her cover her face and scream out waiting for an attack.

"Look they're holding something," Ron said from the table.

Very slowly she opened her eyes, they were flying around the top of her head. Ron was right, something was glistening at the foot of every bird.

The perfect circle was broken by one dove that came gracefully fluttering in front of her. It didn't land or make any other attempt to stop. The grey vapour was in the form of words, from what she could tell. The message detached from the foot of the bird and floated a few inches from her face. The dove having accomplished its mission departed from the Great Hall.

The other birds were still flapping around atop, but her attention was on the message in front of her.

"Smoke, it looks like smoke," Seamus said, squinting to get a better view of the words.

Indeed that is what it looked to be, it was a silvery substance that swirled into a fixed form. It wasn't solid, for you could see right through it. But it looked too clear to be smoke.

Another bird broke the formation and fluttered down in the same pattern as the one before.

It dropped the flowing message and took off. Now there was two messages, that were still unreadable, but floated about magically.

SWOOSH

Another dove flew by, faster than the one before it.

SWOOSH

They were all breaking formation and dropping the silver mists they had attached to them in order.

SWOOSH, the last three went by so fast it almost knocked Hermione off her feet.

Who is doing this? Hermione thought.

Ron had made a strive to come forward where she remained. The last three doves that had almost made it out the Great Hall changed formation and flew to him.

SPLAT

He had made it as far as two feet when bird shit hit his eyes. An impulse drove him back landing on his seat. His temporary blindness was hilarious to watch. Laughter was ringing in the still air.

Before she could look up and determine who the culprit might be, the messages that were placed to hover overhead her started to glow.

They aligned themselves and flowed like the wind around her once. There she saw what they said at last. I love you was written faintly, by the beam of vapour that was lightly illuminated.