Demon Limbs

Brian is so cute and smol i love him

I made my way out of the parking lot in a hurry, trying to blink away the tears in my eyes. I was a mess, trying to stop the tears from flowing and running back to Lynn. But I wasn't going to. She hooked up with Alexa while she was gone. And I wasn't sure I could ever forgive her for that.

"Ava, is that you? What's wrong?" a kind voice said from in front of me. I looked up at Brian with watery eyes, trying to find the right words to say. Or the courage to try and run away. I shook my head and wiped away my tears, holding back a sob. "What's wrong? What happened?" he wondered, sounding frantic.

"Sh..She..Lynn...a-and A-A-l-l-exa," I cried, covering my face with my hands. I kneeled on the ground, trying to find the strength to get out of there. I felt strong arms wrap themselves around me and I flinched, so used to being embraced by Lynn.

"She cheated...?" Brian asked me. I nodded, finally beginning to calm down. It was better to be there with someone rather than alone. "Oh God...Ava, I..I don't know what to say...I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry," he told me, sounding genuinely sorry about everything, like it was his fault. "I just...th-thought...She..l-loved me," I stuttered, swallowing the lump in my throat. Brian shifted his body so that I was leaning against him. "She does. She really does, Ava. She would talk about you every day on tour, go on about how beautiful and perfect you are. And when she didn't get any calls from you, she was absolutely devastated. She really does love you. But that doesn't excuse what she did to you. And I'm so sorry," he mumbled next to me.

"I did call her. I called her every day. She never picked up. She never answered my texts either. I didn't know what to do. She called me a couple times in the beginning, but after that, she just stopped. I couldn't figure out what I did wrong," I said, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear that had fallen out of my ponytail.

"You called?" Brian wondered, sounding surprised.

"Of course I did," I replied. "It always went straight to voicemail."

"Are you sure...? Lynn never had her phone turned off. And I know she definitely wouldn't just blow you off like that," he explained, sounding like something was off. Now I was even more confused. What could explain why she never answered my calls or texts? That didn't make any sense.

"Why do you think she didn't get my calls then?" I wondered, searching desperately for an answer.

"I don't know. But we'll figure it out, okay? I'm not letting you give up on each other," Brian told me sincerely. "I just...don't know if I can forgive her about everything with Alexa. Why would she do that?" I asked, even though I know he didn't have the answer.

"I don't know either. But we will figure it out. I promise," he whispered, giving me a quick squeeze before standing me up. "I don't know what to do. I can't go home," I said, knowing that was where Lynn would be headed.

"Yes you can. I'll talk to her right now, okay?"

I hesitated before nodding. "Thank you, Brian," I mumbled, right before giving him a quick squeeze. He smiled at me before walking away, toward their bus.

I walked back to my car slowly, trudging along. The sun shone brightly, the heat radiating off of the dark concrete beneath me. I unlocked the door of my old car and sat inside, turning the key in the ignition.

I didn't know what to think of Lynn and I anymore.

This chapter was short (sorry) but I hope it was okay :) Also, I was thinking of starting a Halsey fic...? What do you guys think? (also I didn't edit this chapter so if it has any mistakes i'm sorry)

- Claire