Doctor Who?

When we finish our morning chores, Dan wipes his non-existent sweat off his brow. "Whew! All done! Now to just sit on the couch, watch tv, and eat Skittles." Just like him to include Skittles. Can't blaim him though, they're the shit. He plopped on the couch and patted the spot next to him with a smile. I gladly sat down next to him as he put his arm around me. 

"Hey, me thinks I have an idea." I give him a confused look. "How about we go into our music on our phones, press shuffle, and see what we get. Just for fun, y'know." "Okay!" I smile. I unlock my phone and tap the music icon on my home screen. I tap the shuffle button and my phone goes to the Super Mario World overworld theme. I awkwardly smile as the goofy SNES tune plays through my phone speaker. Dan smiles ear to ear, "I loved that game as a kid!" I wasn't exactly into video games when that game came out, so I never played it much. I was around 9, and that was the period in my life where I was more concerned in improving my drawing ability than playing games. Although, I have to admit, I played a lot of N64 later in my life. Oh, and yeah, I'm 32. What of it.

~Oh hey look, a Timeskip~

It's 9:48 PM and still no sign of Barry's return. Dan and I have basically been cuddling on the couch all day. We marathoned Pixar movies all day including: A Bug's Life, The Incredibles, and all three Toy Stories (yes, I cried when they all hold hands in the third. Dan hugged me for comfort :3 ) But the part I liked the most was introducing him to the magic of Doctor Who. I chose the episode 'Blink' because 1. It has the best Doctor. 2. The story is fantastic.(reference entirely intended) and 3. It's the first episode that introduces the Weeping Angels, one of the scariest monsters in my opinion. 

"I don't know. I've seen this on BBC a couple of times. It was okay I guess." he protests. "The Doctor wears a weird scarf thing in the ones I've seen." He's seen the old ones. Thank glob! There's still hope! "Oh no no no. Those are the old ones. This is the reboot from 2005 till now. They're on the 12th Doctor. I don't like him very much actually. This episode, though, has the best Doctor, the best story, and one of the creepiest monsters." I explain. I'll admit, I'm a huge fangirl over this shit. But it is very good. This episode got me scared of statues for I don't know how long. "What monster is that?" He asks. "The Weeping Angels. A race of creature that's time-locked. Whenever you gaze at them, they turn to stone. But they are fast. Faster than you could ever imagine. One blink could kill you. But they don't kill how you think they do. One touch from hem sends you back in time while they absorb the time energy. They let you live to death. But since they're turned to stone when looked at, they can't even look at each other." I explain in great detail. Then I decide to quote the Doctor, "They're greatest asset is their greatest curse." Dan looks very very confused. Not surprised actually. Doctor Who is a complicated show. There are even some parts I don't understand. Like River Song's timeline order. "But if they're stone, then can't you kill them while they're stone?" he asks. I chuckle. "You can't kill a stone." I smirk. "Now then, how do you work Netflix?"

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter! There will be more on it's way! By the way, there's this guy at my high school who looks JUST like Danny. But get this: his name is Ross. It's the most coincidental shit I've ever come into contact with. Then there's another guy that looks like Arin. I haven't seen an actual Ross, Barry, Suzy, or even a Mark, but I'll keep lookin'!

 ~Luna