Short Stuff

Elsa's pov:

After showing Anna where her locker was, I headed to my locker. I opened it and was about to put a book in it, but then I heard someone call my name.

"Elsie!" He yelled. "Remember me?" I turned around to see who it was.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Oh." He replied sadly and started to walk away. I chuckled and shook my head playfully.

"Jackson Overland Frost, get your butt back here!" I exclaimed and he gave me a confused look. "I was kidding. Of coarse I remember you! We were like best friends for four years."

When I was in third grade and he was in first I didn't have a lot of friends, so one recess I played basketball with him and we started to hang out. I didn't care that he was two years younger than me, but after I went to middle school I didn't really see him. Now we are finally in the same school.

"So what class do you have?" He asked.

"I have P.E. then Digital media arts." I answered.

"I have digital media arts too." He told me. Electives are the only class that has multiple grades in it.

"Sweet! See ya soon short stuff."

"Stop calling me that!" He whined.

"Awwww," I cooed, "you still react the same way!"

"Shut up, and I'm taller than you now." He pointed out.

"Are not. We're the same size." I informed him. He looked at my feet then back at my face.

"Your wearing heels."

"Whatever. I remember when you were as tiny as mouse." I told him.

"Exaggerate much?"

"Am I? Anyways, you'll always be short stuff." I said putting my book in my locker. Then I walked off to P.E. which was painfully boring. We put our P.E. clothes in our P.E. locker and did nothing the rest of the time. I took out my notebook and drew snowflakes.

When the bell finally rang, I headed over to digital media arts. I had this class last year and it sucked. It wasn't the class that was bad, it was the teacher. First she makes you go in alphabetical order. I was second and Anna was first.

Then she assigns seats. They were tables of four. On one side of the table was me and Tooth, the other Jack and Anna. The teacher started off by telling us what we're gonna do this year.

Yadda yadda yadda, coding, blah blah iPads, blah blah blah, drawing. She also compared the class to our first job and our grades to our pay checks. Then she showed us a video of kindergarteners singing the rules over and over until we learnt it.

The whole time Jack and Anna were whispering to each other and laughing. And tooth hummed or commented on what the teacher said to no one in particular. I think there was no one in that class that was actually liaising to her, but that didn't stop her from blabbing away.