Changes

Sara's POV

About 20 minutes went bye before I heard the door unlock telling me that Soni finally decided to come back. "Took you long enough." I said joking as she walked in. "Did you enjoy your break with Luke?" I asked as she walked over to the lab table.

"Yeah it was fun. He forced me to eat some food so that was annoying, but I'm ready to work." She said putting on her lab gloves.

"You need to sleep. Okay?" I asked

"Fine." She answered with an annoyed tone. I looked at the clock. It was going on 3am.

"Okay well I'm going to sleep. Please don't stay up past 4."I told her.

"Fine whatever." I could tell that she was only half listening to what I was saying. She never looked up from her work which showed me that she was to focused, and couldn't careless about what I was saying to her. I walked over to the other side of the room where there was a futon and a cot. I grabbed my blanket and laid down on the futon. The last thing I remember hearing is Soni turn on Good Charlotte. There was no way she would be sleeping anytime soon.

--

I woke up to the sound of Ashton and Luke yelling at Soni for not sleeping last night. "I told you before you left to sleep! Why the hell didn't you?" I heard Luke yell.

"Because I want to find my mom! Okay!" Soni yelled back. I sat up still half asleep.

"You didn't sleep?" I yelled "What did I tell you before I laid down to sleep?"

"You said something about 4am and sleep. But I don't know what 4am is let alone sleep." Soni said sarcastically

"I told you to sleep before or at 4am. Why didn't you listen to me." I asked. I started to calm down. I was still mad but now that i was more awake I could actually handle my anger. Ashton came and sat down net to me on the futon. He handed me coffee which made my morning considering how bad it started.

"Look you need to lay down and sleep right ow!" Luke yelled at her becoming madder by the second.

"No! Don't tell me what to do Luke!" She yelled at him while continuing her work.

"Fine then, I'm leaving and I'm not coming back until you sleep for at least 30 minutes." He yelled back while heading towards the door.

"Fine then! I can do this by myself!" She yelled after his as the door closed. I looked at her. She had no expression on her face but yet her eyes told me everything I needed to know about what she was thinking.

"Ashton would you mind giving us a minute?" I asked him.

"Of course. I'm just going to step outside."  He said getting up and heading toward the door. "Actually, I'll go get you both some breakfast." He said

"Sounds good! Thanks" I said as he walked out the door.

I got up and stood across Soni as she stood in silence just looking down at the computer on the table. "Are you okay?" I asked

I looked up at her to see tears forming in her eyes. She turned away before I could notice them. "Yeah. I'm fine" She turned around so I couldn't see how she looked. I could hear her voice though, it was shaking and I knew she wasn't okay.

"Come here." I said walking over with my arms open to give her a hug. She turned around and accepted the hug. I knew that Luke going off at her for not listening was the last straw. She was really close to her mom and she cares so much and she just wants her back, just like how I want mine back.

Through some of the tears she managed to get some words out. "I've tried not showing emotion through this. I want to be strong for her, but I can't." I couldn't stand to see her like this. It broke my heart.